What's new

My blade storage!

Here's my little storage box :

http://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/media/32282&c=3&userid=49505

full

Foamy greetings
Icebear

For those who are wondering about this, I picked up a very similar box last night at my local Meijer (like Wal-Mart). In my case, it was a Stanley Part# 014014R. It's identical to the pictured case but a bit wider so I'm able to fit the cardboard boxes with the dividers in place but had to open them up to get the dispenser boxes to fit. I have 400 blades in mine with room for another 200 or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who are wondering about this, I picked up a very similar box last night at my local Meijer (like Wal-Mart). In my case, it was a Stanley Part# 014014R. It's identical to the pictured case but a bit wider so I'm able to fit the cardboard boxes with the dividers in place but had to open them up to get the dispenser boxes to fit. I have 400 blades in mine with room for another 200 or so.

Hi Red-Leg,
the nice thing about my box is that not only the blade packages fit inside the box but also two boxes on top of each other fit perfectly into one of the bathroom drawers with a little room to be able to get them out of there without any trouble.But of course that depends totally on whatever bathroom furniture you have.
( I have still two empty boxes waiting to take on any RBAS scores :biggrin1::biggrin1:).

Does anybody put rice in blade containers to soak up moisture for long term storage?
even though modern blades are stainless steel, I am still paranoid about the blades holding their edge for 10+ years.

I ask because I used rice to soak up moisture from a tv remote after coffee split on it and it actually did the job and the remote started working after being in a container full of rice for two days.

I've seen people and restaurants put rice in salt shakers. I don't worry about the long term, but I do keep my blade storage in the bedroom.

Here's mine.
The RBAD was off the chain so I switched up from a cardboard box to this fishing tackle box.
After the acquisition of those NOS Boots Super Stainless (rebranded Made In England Wilkinson Swords) which seem to be just about the ultimate blade for me, my RBAD is pretty much winding down.
I've got another 30 of the vintage Boots in the post and I'm watching 50 Supermax Blue Diamond on eBay.
Oh yeah...and I want some more 7 O'Clock Blacks:

$IMG01045-20130712-1849.jpg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Here's how I set up TGBE blades. Not "mine" but I thought I'd share the storage, bought from Meijer in their craft section.

Now these are my personal blades.

In my storage cab.

And in the medicine cab. The blue tub is what I am working though now, sampling different blades.

The blades in the baggie are all different blades I've tried, or am currently sampling. I've saved one of every blade I've used.

$blades.jpg

I have a small box for open packs (I prefer to keep them in their packs, as some wrappers are difficult to identify), a larger box for blades I have in sample quantities (10 or less, including open packs), and another box for blades I have stocked.

Top Bottom