What's new

My blade storage!

On a air-tight container.

proxy.php

Attachments

• $oojcj.jpg
    $oojcj.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,065
NICE...pick a blade, and that's who you are shaving with....i like it.

kinda looks like a 70's "swingers" bowl...:w00t:

$article-1305561269570-0C18AE4A00000578-136780_304x309.jpg

Icebear, is that a Plano fishing tackle box?

Hello Brian,

no, it's not a fishing tackle box but I guess it's similar. I got it from HomeDepot, I need to check at home for the brand name, it's just 3 bucks and the dimensions are a perfect fit for the blade packages. It closes tightly (2 snaps) so your blade stock will not fall out accidentally. You can put it away upright anywhere in your shaving den, pretty handy I think.

Icebear, is that a Plano fishing tackle box?

Hi Brian,

the brand name is "Rimax", as mentioned I found it at home depot but when I bought the second one they told me it's being discontinued. They have other styles and sizes now (not such a perfect fit anymore).

Thanks for the info. I've got plenty of Plano boxes that are similar that I can try. Never thought about it until I saw your picture.

I saw this in Staples today ($9.97) and thought that it might work. Turns out it's pretty much perfect.

$IMG_0537.jpg

Here's looking at it from an angle so you get a better idea of overall dimensions and size.

$b00_14litreOrg.jpg

Each individual box can hold 10 of the 5 blade cardboard packs. Eight vertically and two laying on top for a nice total of 50. The width is such that they just barely touch the sides of the box with enough friction to hold them in place. Plastic cases (Feather/Derby etc.) won't fit in sideways but there is plenty of room for 5 10-packs and I just use one of the inserts that comes out before the first blade to display at the front. 100 bulk blades also fit nicely with most standing vertically and a few laying on top.

Here is a link to the product page if anyone is interested.

http://www.reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/usa/html/onlineshop/rub/b00_14litreOrg.php

I bought an index card box from a thrift store for 39¢. Right now I have 400 blades in there. Not as fancy as some here, but it takes up a minimal amount of space, which is more what I'm looking for.

$443.jpg

Top Bottom