What's new

Deodorant Vs Antiperspirant

I never use antiperspirant or roll on deodorant because they all irritate my skin. It is too easy to use too much only to get a rash.

Stop using products to inhibit you from sweating. Sweating is a natural body function and if you don't sweat through your pits, you will sweat either through your back or your stomach. You will sweat somehow.

I prefer Aubrey or EO spray deodorant. Generally inexpensive, smells great, and no irritation.

Deodorant fights the smell when you sweat, but doesn't stop your pits from sweating. Antiperspirant stops your pits from sweating.

As my sweat is not particularly smelly. it is useless to me. But when it is hot and humid--especially when I am dressed up--my pits sweat. I choose antiperspirant as it stops my sweat stains.

Antiperspirant for me-unscented if possible.

I have tried hundreds of deodorants and anti-antiperspirants. I apparently have over active sweat glands, the only thing that has worked well for me is Certain-Dri.

I have used Degree Deodorant for years with no problem, but to the contrary my sweat doesn't smell and I don't sweat excessively.

I've used Degree for years. Tried Kiss My Face this week and the thing barely lasts the whole day and today I started breaking out in a rash. Guess that is out the window. I has similar performance results or lack thereof with Speed Stick and rash issues with one of the Gillette sticks.

$logo_badgerandblade BUMP.jpg

Antiperspirant all the way! With deodorant, I still sweat like a pig, although it may smell okay. I don't know that my antiperspirant makes me smell any better, but it keeps me from pitting out. I use Arrid XX Dry, which is cheap, bottom-shelf stuff, but the single most effective product I've ever used.

Sweating is a natural body function and if you don't sweat through your pits, you will sweat either through your back or your stomach. You will sweat somehow.
This may all be true, but my pit sweat smells alot worse than my stomach sweat as far as I can tell...I use the crystal alum block in my pits on most days...only when it is really hot do I break out the antiperspirant deo.

Antiperspirant for me. I'm fortunate that I've not had a reaction to them, but yeah it is a bit of a pain with the whole staining of the shirt. Mind you, I tend to wear darker coloured shirts in the main so it's not that noticeable on those.

We used to have Natrel Plus antiperspirant at home when I was growing up, which was nice. I then used to use Sure for men when I was a teenager into my early 20s. They have really nice scents.

Nowadays I fluctuate between various ones that are on offer. I particularly like Sanex for Men and the Dove for Men Clean Comfort or Extra Fresh varieties.

Hmm. I'm intrigued by alum as a deodorant. I like it as an AS, and the nastiness that happens to shirts over time is definitely a drawback to antiperspirant. I'll give it a try.

Hmm. I'm intrigued by alum as a deodorant. I like it as an AS, and the nastiness that happens to shirts over time is definitely a drawback to antiperspirant. I'll give it a try.

I love Alum for this. Been doing it for years ( long before I ditched carts)

Notes. It won't help stop the sweat just the odor (not everyone gets this). More importantly, it won't kill odor already there. Got to start clean.

Definitely behind using Alum over antiperspirant and been using it for a couple of years now. Although it doesn't stop the sweating process, it definitely stops odor cold so long as you apply it to clean skin after the shower. Been using both Crystal and Thai brands so far and one is as good as the other.

Normally I use dove for men clean comfort anti-perspirant but my walgreens ran out of it so right now im on old spice classic anti-perspirant. It could be a permanent switch as I like the fragrance better and i feel its keeping me drier. Ive been known to break a sweat in Siberia in the dead of winter.

I used to use Old Spice Swagger antiperspirant but I have tried to go more natural. I have not been able to find a deodorant that lasts all day. I have tried Jungleman, Natural Grooming, and many others. I wish there was a more natural deodorant that would last all day.

I'm happy this post was brought back. I'm having issues. I sweat quite a bit throughout the day and am conscious of odor. However I can't make myself use antiperspirants because I feel that it is unnatural as it blocks the sweat that you are supposed to have. I turned to alum sticks recently and I feel the odor issue is better but not fully addressed. I'm in retail so I can't be smelling during the day. Is there anything wrong with using alum in addition to a deodorant? Just wonder about a negative reaction to using both.

For years I used the combo deodorant and anti-presipent. I have found that just the deodorant works great for me. The anti-presipent made sweat more.

I'm happy this post was brought back. I'm having issues. I sweat quite a bit throughout the day and am conscious of odor. However I can't make myself use antiperspirants because I feel that it is unnatural as it blocks the sweat that you are supposed to have. I turned to alum sticks recently and I feel the odor issue is better but not fully addressed. I'm in retail so I can't be smelling during the day. Is there anything wrong with using alum in addition to a deodorant? Just wonder about a negative reaction to using both.
In the past couple months I've gone to using Gillette Clinical at night, and Crystal alum in the morning after my shower. I realize the Gillette Clinical doesn't fit your criteria, but the combination has worked the best for me.

Top Bottom