What's new

NYC Potlatch 3?

So for the past two years, we've had a meetup/swap meet in midtown Manhattan around late January or early February. Would anyone be interested in having another? Usual itinerary is a trip to Pasteur's (34th and Park) then dinner and drinks.

Shave gear, beer, and cheer. What more could you want?

How late do theses normally run ? I'm sure I'll have to work as I only get 1 Saturday out of 6 off .

Will you be going Jim ? I'd love to hang out again , maybe I'll be able to at least make it for dinner ....

They usually don't last til late at night; I'd guess by eight everyone's heading home.

How about Saturday Jan 28th or Feb 4th? That'll give us 2.5 or 3.5 weeks to call off work and make plans for getting into the city.

I don't know Inky... I still may be overstuffed from the trip to the Philly Pen show..... Oh I forgot, your not going !!!! :001_tongu:001_tongu

I'm open for either date, Saturday Jan 28th or Feb 4th, but think the later date is better because it gives people more time.

So my vote's for Feb 4.

Saturdays are a great idea -- obviously, more folks can attend. But if anyone's interested, I perform every Weds. evening from 9-1 @ a bar on the Upper East side called American Trash. Would be great if some of you guys could make it!

The band I play with (I'm a drummer) is called the RadioFlyer Blues Band, and the cool thing about this gig is it's an open jam. After we play our opening set, the floor opens up to other musicians. So any of you who are players, feel free to tote your axe (along w/your new shaving gear) along with you. The guys in the band are all very talented & accommodating. It's a lot of fun.

Just throwing it out there. :thumbup1:

Glad to see newer guys are able to come too! This was my first B&B meetup, I have fond memories of it. Except for finding out that a great beer I discovered was a limited production and those two glasses of it were all I'd ever have.

And Rudy, you need to show up because you're going to get a commission to restore a couple of brushes for me!

Last edited:
Come one come all! You don't even need to be signed up to show up. We've had a couple of lurkers show up.

Does anyone have a preference as to where we'd get dinner/drinks post-Pasteur's?

In Pasteur's Murray Hill neighborhood is Resto. For those who like a beer they have a great selection of European (especially Belgian) suds. They usually have a half a dozen or so drafts with at least a couple of US made on the list (last time I was there they had 3). And literally dozens of different bottled beers & ales. The wine list is dominated by French & Italian names and moderately priced by NY standards. It's along the lines of a Belgian gastro-pub with burgers & mussels both with excellent fries. Although when I've gone I usually have the charcuterie, a large plate of various sausages (don't tell my Rabbi). Of course they also have steak & salad etc. You can show up in jeans or a Tux without anyone noticing although it's mostly very casual.

Let me add, this is just an idea, I'm happy to go anywhere & I'm open to all cuisines.

Last edited:
Top Bottom