What's new

Post a photo of you having a smoke...

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
You can't because I already do.

...well, a nice bunch of them that he graciously PIF'd to me almost a year ago. Then, for a number of reasons related to my wife's health, I was temporarily not smoking anything for what ended up being most of the rest of the year and I didn't get to smoke them.

Well, today's the day. It was T-shirt weather for a while so I sat down outside and
lit an A. Fuente Gran Reserva that I'm pretty sure came from him.

View attachment 562473

I've been at it for well over an hour. The sun hid behind the clouds and it's not T-shirt weather anymore...but close enough, just a light jacket suffices.

Nicely done!
I hope your wife is doing well.

Nicely done!
I hope your wife is doing well.

She is. It looks like things are going to clear up finally and can get back to normal. I'm of course very happy that she's improving, and I greatly appreciate all the concern shown by my fellow BLers on the occasions that I've mentioned the situation. I also greatly appreciate the generosity...Boris isn't the only one who has sent me plenty of nice stuff! I feel like I haven't sent out nearly enough, I'll have to rectify that.

You can't because I already do.

...well, a nice bunch of them that he graciously PIF'd to me almost a year ago. Then, for a number of reasons related to my wife's health, I was temporarily not smoking anything for what ended up being most of the rest of the year and I didn't get to smoke them.

Well, today's the day. It was T-shirt weather for a while so I sat down outside and
lit an A. Fuente Gran Reserva that I'm pretty sure came from him.

View attachment 562473

I've been at it for well over an hour. The sun hid behind the clouds and it's not T-shirt weather anymore...but close enough, just a light jacket suffices.

Are you in Aussieland? :lol:

:lol: Silly iPad. It shows right-side up in Tapatalk. Now I'm on a laptop and I see that it's down under style. I look less silly that way, actually...I wasn't satisfied with the photo when I saw it before.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
C&D Yale Mixture in a Nording Eriksen.

$IMAG2131.jpg

Kilroy6644

How has that pipe been smoking? I'm tempted, but the plastic parts scare me. Not that I don't put a rubber/plastic stem in my mouth now.
It smokes fine. I haven't had any trouble with the plastic. I don't get any plastic flavor when I smoke. I've heard that can happen for the first couple of smokes, but I've never had a problem. The real nice thing is that cleaning is a breeze. The keystones in the bottom chamber absorb most of the gunk that builds up, so the pipe doesn't get that dirty to begin with. When you do need to clean it, you can just pull the bowl off, dump the stones, and wash the body out in the sink. The downside to this pipe is that it gets pretty hot. The walls of the bowl are pretty thin, and I've noticed some heat within a few puffs after lighting.

Kilroy6644

I'm not usually one to use a lot of filters on my pictures, but I couldn't resist this time. Having some Sutliff Heavy English in a Bertram bulldog.

$IMAG2172-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

Probably last for the day is some MacBaren Seven Seas Royal in my Peterson Dracula.
I even got an unpictured bowl of Nat Sherman's blend #584 in a Rick Black Pipe earlier this morning.

$PicsArt_1428869614111.jpg

Last edited:
Yes it's a Morta.
Here are a couple of more angles. It is purposely hard to make out, but the front of the bowl has some raised letter engraving. The bottom of the bowl has my fire company pin set in the bottom of the bowl.

$PicsArt_1429451372937.jpg
$PicsArt_1429451408383.jpg

Top Bottom