What's new

Post a photo of you having a smoke...

GLP JackKnife Plug in a Neerup sandblasted Poker this morning...
proxy.php

Ditto.

I normally have a bowl on the way home from work, and that's it for the day. Depending on the weather, I may or may not have a bowl. Too hot and the AC is on, won't roll the window down, and won't smoke with it up.
So I don't always grab one of the briars on the way out the door in the morning, but I keep a Country Gent and a "CVS" MM in the glove box in case I decide to have one.

Ditto.

I normally have a bowl on the way home from work, and that's it for the day. Depending on the weather, I may or may not have a bowl. Too hot and the AC is on, won't roll the window down, and won't smoke with it up.
So I don't always grab one of the briars on the way out the door in the morning, but I keep a Country Gent and a "CVS" MM in the glove box in case I decide to have one.

I almost picked up a cheap DR.Grabs from CVS the other day to keep in the car but backed out at the last minute :p

I almost picked up a cheap DR.Grabs from CVS the other day to keep in the car but backed out at the last minute :p

They're okay, but the MM is a bit cheaper.
I yank the filter from any of them. Now running "Forever Stems" on both of mine.

I've long since tossed my cheap "I think they're briars"

They're okay, but the MM is a bit cheaper.
I yank the filter from any of them. Now running "Forever Stems" on both of mine.

I've long since tossed my cheap "I think they're briars"

I run filterless too, i need to invest in a forever stem as my stock one is getting chewed to bits.

I run filterless too, i need to invest in a forever stem as my stock one is getting chewed to bits.

I was always afraid I was going to break it clenching, but the MM is light enough so it's not a problem.
The Forever Stem is much heavier and changes the balance. It still clenches nicely, but doesn't "palm" quite the same.

McClelland Scottish Woods in MrBrog 48.
proxy.php

Nice looking pipe, it's one of my favorite shapes.

Blade Boy, I noticed a lot of your pipes have that kind of shape and was wondering if you just like the shape/pattern or if you also like the way they feel. I ask because my Lorenzetti is similar, and while it's a great smoker, I don't care for its feel in my hand.

Thanks. This was the first smoke with it. It palms perfect to my hand. I have a feeling it will get a lot of use because of that alone.

Chris, like I said above, I'm having trouble holding it comfortably in my hand. Do you actually 'palm it' or grip it with your fingers? BTW, I thought you'd like the Scottish Woods since you took so strongly to Rattray's Red Rapparee. Very different component tobaccos (RRR=Va,Or,Cav and SW=Va,Or,Lat) but I'd still call them similar in overall taste profile, although I like RRR much more.

Blade Boy, I noticed a lot of your pipes have that kind of shape and was wondering if you just like the shape/pattern or if you also like the way they feel. I ask because my Lorenzetti is similar, and while it's a great smoker, I don't care for its feel in my hand.
I like the look & feel, I tend to stray from traditional shapes and the feel in the hand is perfect for me, I don't hold them much though, mostly clenching, but I have big hands and it's like holding a small ball, YMMV, what shape do you like best.

Top Bottom