What's new

Post a photo of you having a smoke...

I don't know anything about cigars, so please keep that in mind. My question is, why not just remove the band before you light the cigar to begin with? Why wait until it's lit and smoked right down to the band before you remove it? To my mind, removing the band while the cigar is burning would be somewhat more difficult.
The heat softens the glue or pectin that holds the label together, making it less likely to tear the wrapper when removing.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Well, no good camera at my 'caveman' digs in Chicago, so this is a crappy cell phone pic of me in the shave den mirror. :lol: Could not figure out how else to do it. I don't know why I look so red, I have not been drinking (but am about to have a scotch!).

This is my inaugural first half-bowl in my new pipe I got off the bay, a Pipa Croci billiard with a very nice flame grain pattern. I christened it with some pipesandcigars.com butternut burley, a very pleasant tobacco, but one which I will blend with an English next time. I like to mix lighter aromatics with a nice room note with heavier fare sometimes. I just made a 3-1 mix of Captain Black and Dunhill Standard Mixture Mellow and sent it off to him, he's just starting with the pipe.

Anyhoo, that be me, and the pipe below me.

$Lisle-20120712-00251.jpg
$Pipe2.jpg

Last edited:
Well, no good camera at my 'caveman' digs in Chicago, so this is a crappy cell phone pic of me in the shave den mirror. :lol: Could not figure out how else to do it. I don't know why I look so red, I have not been drinking (but am about to have a scotch!).

This is my inaugural first half-bowl in my new pipe I got off the bay, a Pipa Croci billiard with a very nice flame grain pattern. I christened it with some pipesandcigars.com butternut burley, a very pleasant tobacco, but one which I will blend with an English next time. I like to mix lighter aromatics with a nice room note with heavier fare sometimes. I just made a 3-1 mix of Captain Black and Dunhill Standard Mixture Mellow and sent it off to him, he's just starting with the pipe.

Anyhoo, that be me, and the pipe below me.

View attachment 257525
View attachment 257527
Nice pipe and nice baccy.

I don't know anything about cigars, so please keep that in mind. My question is, why not just remove the band before you light the cigar to begin with? Why wait until it's lit and smoked right down to the band before you remove it? To my mind, removing the band while the cigar is burning would be somewhat more difficult.

I just prefer to leave the band on, it's all personal choice :001_smile

It's not too difficult at all to take the band off, the bands are made to be taken off quite easily. Sometimes the glue is a little stubborn, so when you smoke it while the band is still on it makes it easier to take the band off without it tearing. My twin brother takes the band off before smoking, but I prefer to leave it on :001_smile

Enjoying a Cuban Crafters Cabinet Box Prseed
$DSCN0627.jpgView attachment 257567
Though the cigar had some uneven burning issues, it was a sweet treat for an unflavored cigar. A foundation of chocolate and caramel, and flavors of sweet wood, sweet spices and sweet flowers. A wonderful medium bodied smoke :wink2:

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Here's me with my new Eriksen #09 enjoying Dunhill Morning Pipe for the first time. Excellent!

That's one of my favorite Chicago shirts. It's Al Capone saying, "You can go a long way with a smile, You can go a lot further with a smile and a gun."

Crappy cell phone pic in the shave den again. :rolleyes: Pipe pic is below it.

$Lisle-20120714-00255.jpg
$esb09.jpg

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
My old hangout in Dubai is closed. But I found a new place. A bit more upscale, but a hookah and two turkish coffees was still only about $16.
$schraya01.jpg
$schraya02.jpg$schraya03.jpg

I am not Muslim but I really like Dubai during Ramadan. The streets are dead in the afternoon, but at Iftar (sundown, the breaking of the daily fast) the city comes alive. I spent an hour or so talking with a tolerably cute middle aged and single Arab businesswoman. Any other time of the year I probably would not have had that opportunity. Everyone goes out and has first a snack, then often a hookah, then usually it is off to an all you can eat buffet. Everyone lives large for a while, until daybreak, when the fast starts all over again. Everyone is more friendly and hospitable. In more cosmopolitan cities like Dubai, the young women somehow manage to dress modestly, but in a tittilating and semi provocative, funloving manner if that makes any sense. We watched music videos on the Arab version of MTV, a mix of American, Arab, and a smattering of European and Indian videos. Probably the two of us were the only people in there over 35 or so. No booze, of course. But the Turkish coffee was excellent. Just the faintest trace of cardamon. I hate it when non-Turkish people load it down with the stuff. This was excellent. The waiters were quite attentive to our coals, and the house shisha was excellent, though a little strong as I found out when I stood up to leave. Sorry about the poor pics. I had to wait for an opportunity when I could get a waiter to snap a couple while nobody else was close to me. Normally it is considered rude to take pics of strangers in Arab countries, especially in any sort of nightspot.

My old hangout in Dubai is closed. But I found a new place. A bit more upscale, but a hookah and two turkish coffees was still only about $16.
View attachment 259194
View attachment 259195View attachment 259196

I am not Muslim but I really like Dubai during Ramadan. The streets are dead in the afternoon, but at Iftar (sundown, the breaking of the daily fast) the city comes alive. I spent an hour or so talking with a tolerably cute middle aged and single Arab businesswoman. Any other time of the year I probably would not have had that opportunity. Everyone goes out and has first a snack, then often a hookah, then usually it is off to an all you can eat buffet. Everyone lives large for a while, until daybreak, when the fast starts all over again. Everyone is more friendly and hospitable. In more cosmopolitan cities like Dubai, the young women somehow manage to dress modestly, but in a tittilating and semi provocative, funloving manner if that makes any sense. We watched music videos on the Arab version of MTV, a mix of American, Arab, and a smattering of European and Indian videos. Probably the two of us were the only people in there over 35 or so. No booze, of course. But the Turkish coffee was excellent. Just the faintest trace of cardamon. I hate it when non-Turkish people load it down with the stuff. This was excellent. The waiters were quite attentive to our coals, and the house shisha was excellent, though a little strong as I found out when I stood up to leave. Sorry about the poor pics. I had to wait for an opportunity when I could get a waiter to snap a couple while nobody else was close to me. Normally it is considered rude to take pics of strangers in Arab countries, especially in any sort of nightspot.
Looks like a fun place to be :thumbup:.

my old hangout in dubai is closed. But i found a new place. A bit more upscale, but a hookah and two turkish coffees was still only about $16.
View attachment 259194
View attachment 259195View attachment 259196

i am not muslim but i really like dubai during ramadan. The streets are dead in the afternoon, but at iftar (sundown, the breaking of the daily fast) the city comes alive. I spent an hour or so talking with a tolerably cute middle aged and single arab businesswoman. Any other time of the year i probably would not have had that opportunity. Everyone goes out and has first a snack, then often a hookah, then usually it is off to an all you can eat buffet. Everyone lives large for a while, until daybreak, when the fast starts all over again. Everyone is more friendly and hospitable. In more cosmopolitan cities like dubai, the young women somehow manage to dress modestly, but in a tittilating and semi provocative, funloving manner if that makes any sense. We watched music videos on the arab version of mtv, a mix of american, arab, and a smattering of european and indian videos. Probably the two of us were the only people in there over 35 or so. No booze, of course. But the turkish coffee was excellent. Just the faintest trace of cardamon. I hate it when non-turkish people load it down with the stuff. This was excellent. The waiters were quite attentive to our coals, and the house shisha was excellent, though a little strong as i found out when i stood up to leave. Sorry about the poor pics. I had to wait for an opportunity when i could get a waiter to snap a couple while nobody else was close to me. Normally it is considered rude to take pics of strangers in arab countries, especially in any sort of nightspot.

i n v u

Me enjoying my new peterson with some Uni Flake, a lot happier then i look trying to focus on cars reflection to take a pic lmao
$2012-07-21 18.33.57.jpg
$IMG_1163.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Okay, I am off Monday and will start a new trend- shaving before taking a pic of me having a smoke:001_smile

Top Bottom