What's new

"Cowboy" razor

Just found this one for sale, and I had to pull the trigger. I have no idea how old it is or what company sold a "Cowboy" razor, but I like these old, quirky brands. (Check out the little cowboy etched on the bottom of the handle!)

Anyway, if you know anything about these, I'd appreciate any information you have. Thanks!

Attachments

• $cowboy razor 1.jpg
    $cowboy razor 1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 727
  • $cowboy razor 2.jpg
    $cowboy razor 2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 703
Wow! I am in love with that! Had I been in your place I would have had to have it. Being that I'm in my place I'll have to be content with envy....

That does look different. If you've used it how does it shave? It looks like it gives the blade an extreme bend.

I don't know, I doubt it's even been shipped to me yet. These are the seller's photos, but when I get it, I will let you know how it shaves. The head looks kind of like the new R41 open tooth head, so I'm hoping it's got a similar feel.

Looks German and so does the case.
There's used to be a lot of razor makers in the Soligen steel producing area of Germany, that might have been commissioned like the Hoffritz and Coles brands.

There is a "Cowboy" straight razor and I believe they are sold NOS through Revisor. I see them every so often for sale used but first DE I have seen. Same logo so i am sure its the same brand.

There is a "Cowboy" straight razor and I believe they are sold NOS through Revisor. I see them every so often for sale used but first DE I have seen. Same logo so i am sure its the same brand.

Nice catch -- thanks for the information. And yes, the razor is definitely German and comes from a German seller, so it will be a few weeks until I get it in my hands. I appreciate the help with this one!

That does look different. If you've used it how does it shave? It looks like it gives the blade an extreme bend.

Agreed. It does look interesting. The bend doesn't seem that sharp to me, though. It would be interesting to see a couple comparison shots with a Merkur or Hoffritz slant. I do like the slotted guard, though, especially. Case seems pretty nice, too. I'm a fan of the art deco styling.

I'm looking forward to a review of the shave, naturally.
Thanks for posting about it!
-- Chet

No problem, I love all the razor p*rn here, so I'm happy to contribute when I've got something to share!

Wow Awesome looking Razor, But that Cow Boy looks like Mary Poppins :eek:/
I also love those unique Razors They look Kool, please come back and lets us know how that CowBoy Shaves :eek:)

Top Bottom