What's new

Red Dot with date code of F

I just ran across a Red Dot with a date code of F-4.

How is it possible to have a Red Dot with a date code of F? Weren't they only made very a short period during the first quarter of 1958?

OK, now that it's done...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140672562150

Don't know either, but my guess is that they were using up Toggle parts, since it coincides with the later F-series Toggles.

$$(KGrHqJ,!p8E63Zwg4W(BO+hqUF0J!~~60_3.jpg

$$(KGrHqRHJB!E7)t9Vr-2BO+hqf41gg~~60_3.jpg

I tried to ask without implicating there was an impending ebay listing on it ;-)

Who won this beauty? I have never heard of an F-series red dot before.

The serial numbered Toggles were thought to be prototypes until just this last year.

There was such a flurry of adjustables in 1960 (F-4) that in a way, I'm not overly surprised to see a F-4 Red Dot. But there may not have been many if they are now just coming to light.

Last edited:

How is it possible to have a Red Dot with a date code of F? Weren't they only made very a short period during the first quarter of 1958?
Aren't those the instructions you were looking for an image of recently? Did you wind up opening yours?

An F-4 Red Dot FatBoy, there would be a certain kind of symmetry looking at the product lines of 1958 and 1960 if there was a D-1 Toggle / Red Dot FatBoy and a F-4 Toggle / Red Dot FatBoy in those years. If you stop and look at the razors, they are very closely related. Their DNA varies only at the opening mechanism and plating.

Hopefully I will be able to confirm this in a few days....:)

Very congrats Tom!!!

Thanks Todd, it will be interesting to see if this sale shakes another one loose. That often seem to be the way. I have inquired with the seller to see if there is any background info to be learned. Long shot really, but you never know.

Last edited:
An F-4 Red Dot FatBoy, there would be a certain kind of symmetry looking at the product lines of 1958 and 1960 if there was a D-1 Toggle / Red Dot FatBoy and a F-4 Toggle / Red Dot FatBoy in those years. If you stop and look at the razors, they are very closely related. Their DNA varies only at the opening mechanism and plating.

Hopefully I will be able to confirm this in a few days....:)

Tom,

Congratulations!

Just for the record I was the one you beat out for that beauty. If it doesn't live up to your expectations I'd be happy to take it off your hands.

Mike

Last edited:
Top Bottom