What's new

Smoke this!!! Cigar Aficionado's # 1 Cigar of the Year for 2011

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php

Cigar Aficionado's # 1 Cigar of the Year (2011) - The Alec Bradley (Honduran and Nicaraguan), Prensado Churchill

"Alan Rubin has come a long way in 16 years. He first joined the cigar business in 1996, selling a cigar brand designed for sale at golf courses. It didn’t succeed. Rubin had left the family fastener business for something he enjoyed: selling cigars. He named his young company after his two sons, Alec and Bradley, but struggled to find his way. Deep in debt, he realized he had to be in premium cigar stores. He gained a measure of popularity by selling cigars in bundles.

Trying to find an edge in an industry that was going through difficult times, he showed signs of innovation early with the release of a cigar with a triangular shape, a first for the cigar business. In 2007 he finally hit his stride with the creation of Alec Bradley Tempus, a heavy-bodied cigar that brought his best ratings to date as well as industry buzz.

Two years later, he created a blend called Alec Bradley Prensado. Rubin had smoked a very dark wrapper leaf grown in a region of southern Honduras called Trojes and decided to build a cigar brand around it, using Central American tobacco exclusively. And what a cigar he made. The brand hit the market in 2009 and was acclaimed from the very beginning. In a vertical brand tasting in Cigar Insider of the five original sizes, each scored 91 points or more and earned our accolade of Humidor Selection.

The Alec Bradley Prensado Churchill, made at the superb Raices Cubanas factory in Danlí, Honduras, is as gorgeous a cigar as you’ll ever see, with a picture-perfect head and a stunning wrapper. But it is the flavor that makes it a classic smoke. The Honduran and Nicaraguan tobaccos come together to create leather, chocolate and spice notes, and a long, lush finish".

Cigar Aficionado's - # 1 Cigar of the Year for 2011

Watch the Video
of Gordon Mott and David Savona smoking the Alec Bradley Prensado Churchill.

MADE BY: Fabrica de Tabacos Raices Cubanas S. de R.L.
FACTORY LOCATION: Honduras
WRAPPER: Honduras
BINDER: Nicaragua
FILLER: Honduras, Nicaragua
PRICE: $10.25
RING GAUGE: 48
LENGTH: 7"
RATING: 96

proxy.php
"Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma." Anonymous

Attached Image - The Alec Bradley Prensado Churchill

Attachments

• $Top25Cigars_01.jpg
    $Top25Cigars_01.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 100
Good price, too. I haven't smoked many cigars in the past few years, but when I lived in Mexico I had quite a few. I still have a mostly full humidor, but I just don't get too many opportunities any more. I would bet most of my cigars are well-seasoned by now, though a few are probably ruined. Now I'm going to have to find one of these and give it a try!

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I have never smoked this cigar, and will put it on my list, however, I view everything that comes from CA critical eye. They are notorious of propping their advertisers up above others, and AB is no exception. I'm sure that this is a fine cigar, maybe even a great one, but until CA can shake the perception that advertising money buys reviews, I'll take everything with a grain of salt.

I used to read a website with reviews by smokers. It's been about 8 years, though, so I don't even have the bookmarks anymore. I'm sure we could get a good cross-section of review from that sort of site, or perhaps by trying them ourselves :thumbup:

Wow! I have smoked more than a few of those from a sample pack i got once - sure they are ok, but # 1? Wow! That's the thing eh, as with everything - ymmv :scared:

Top Bottom