What's new

The Never-Ending PIF PIF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, in preparation for the Shave Purchase Sabbatical, I took stock of the ridiculous number of soaps sitting in my cabinet, and I realized that there were a couple that, while perfectly good products, had been hiding unloved somewhere in the back. They're never going to work their way back into the rotation - there are too many others that I simply like more. I'd imagine many of you probably would discover the same thing, so I had an idea for a fun little game.

One of the things I like most about B&B is the generosity that our members regularly display. Giving things away to others is so common here that "PIF" isn't just an acronym, it's a word. I've seen more than one newb actually ask, "what is a PIF?" Well, in the spirit of "paying it forward", I'd like to see just how far forward we can keep a PIF going, so here's my idea:

This is a nearly full SRD Sandalwood soap. It is a standard melt & pour, with a quite nice straight sandalwood scent (it is scented with essential oil). Nothing wrong with it at all, I just discovered I don't really prefer the glycerine-based type soaps. I will send this soap to the first person who claims it if...

He promises to, once he receives it, post and do the same thing with some unwanted soap from his own stash. It's a win/win, really: you get to try something new, and you get rid of something you don't want. If everyone in turn keeps it up, it could keep going for all eternity (or at least until someone offers up modern Williams). Sound good? All right, then...

Who wants it?

Attachments

• $DSC_0078.jpg
    $DSC_0078.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 4,774

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
... but ... but .... but .... I want all my soaps, even though it will take me 2+ years to get through them all :001_tt2:
(i.e. I'm not in, but a great PIF idea)

Great PIF idea.... Do you plan on keeping this thread going for the other "orphan" soaps? That would be great. Bet it will end up being one of the longest ones on B&B if this works out.

Great PIF idea.... Do you plan on keeping this thread going for the other "orphan" soaps? That would be great. Bet it will end up being one of the longest ones on B&B if this works out.

That was kinda how I thought it would work. Instead of posting a new thread each time, just post in this thread to keep it going.

So when I PIF a soap, do I start a new thread or just post it in this thread?

I was thinking just post it here, as a way to keep track. I suppose you could post a new thread, and just post here to link to it, but why make it any more complicated?

Edit: BTW Christian...your soap is in the mail. :001_smile

Last edited:
I was thinking just post it here, as a way to keep track. I suppose you could post a new thread, and just post here to link to it, but why make it any more complicated?

Edit: BTW Christian...your soap is in the mail. :001_smile

Yay! Thanks.

I really need to start reading things better. My wife always gets annoyed that I ask for info that she already read off to me or that I didn't bother to read. Lol.

Since we have "waiting times" involved here, and to keep this moving along a bit faster, I'm offering up a brand new tube of C.O. Bigelow (Just found it back under a pile of stuff in my office), a brand new stick of Arko (I've got a few extras), AND a nearly full tube of Musago Real shave cream (Used three times - I happen to have ended up with 2 open tubes - keeping the more used one for myself).

Each to a separate individual who hasn't used one of these products, with the same conditions that Price stipulated... You must either put up something else here after you receive it, or pass this one along here in the thread if it's not to your liking. (Yea, I know it will cost me as much to ship the Arko as it's "worth" - lol)

First 3 people to ask for the 3 different products gets them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom