What's new

Nivea Extra-Soothing and L'Oreal balm : which is the most moisturizing ?

I have both and find that they are quite different from each other. The nivea is more milky and the L'Oreal is more of a cream very much like suntan lotion (which I don't like). But to answer your question, well...probably L'Oreal.

They both do a decent job moisturizing but in different ways. The Nivea dries quickly and leaves a mild conditioner on the skin and kind of looks shiny on your skin. The L'Oreal feels heavy and almost like it is suffocating my pores!

I don't really enjoy either one (right now I use TOBS AS) and I will definitely buy a better balm for winter time. As always YMMV.

I have both and find that they are quite different from each other. The nivea is more milky and the L'Oreal is more of a cream very much like suntan lotion (which I don't like). But to answer your question, well...probably L'Oreal.

They both do a decent job moisturizing but in different ways. The Nivea dries quickly and leaves a mild conditioner on the skin and kind of looks shiny on your skin. The L'Oreal feels heavy and almost like it is suffocating my pores!

I don't really enjoy either one (right now I use TOBS AS) and I will definitely buy a better balm for winter time. As always YMMV.

Thanks.

Would you say the L'Oreal is better for dry skin ?

Thanks.

Would you say the L'Oreal is better for dry skin ?

Can't say, I've only had the L'Oreal about two months and it has been very humid during that time, but I will say that the L'Oreal is thick and leaves an almost greasy (read:heavy) feeling on my skin. Between the two I would probably use the L'Oreal during the dry winter months. This winter though I think I'm gonna indulge in some of these other lesser known products that this fine website has opened my eyes too!:biggrin:

Can't say, I've only had the L'Oreal about two months and it has been very humid during that time, but I will say that the L'Oreal is thick and leaves an almost greasy (read:heavy) feeling on my skin. Between the two I would probably use the L'Oreal during the dry winter months. This winter though I think I'm gonna indulge in some of these other lesser known products that this fine website has opened my eyes too!:biggrin:

Thanks

One last question : which one is the more soothing ?

I'm gonna go with the Nivea for the better soothing effect.

Are you trying to decide which one would be better for the winter?

I'm going to have to take the opposite stance with Dan. I find the Nivea to be the more moisturising of the two.

I like the L'Oreal, but it's just too thick and greasy for me. The only time I ever use it is in the winter when my skin is really dried out(which is all winter), or before bed when my skin feels very dry and needs a mask.

The Nivea is a great ASB regardless of what you are looking for, probably the best main-stream ASB out there.

I'm going to have to take the opposite stance with Dan. I find the Nivea to be the more moisturising of the two.

I like the L'Oreal, but it's just too thick and greasy for me. The only time I ever use it is in the winter when my skin is really dried out(which is all winter), or before bed when my skin feels very dry and needs a mask.

The Nivea is a great ASB regardless of what you are looking for, probably the best main-stream ASB out there.

So, the Nivea is the most moiturising, but you use the LOreal in winter ?

I prefer the L'Oreal. I also prefer the "old" formula of Nivea compared to the current version. I like the way my face feels better after using L'Oreal. Also, L'Oreal has an SPF 15 rating, if that makes a difference. My favorite cheap ASB is Aqua Velva Ice Balm, but I've had skin cancer a couple of times so any good ASB with an SPF rating wins for me.

I prefer the L'Oreal. I also prefer the "old" formula of Nivea compared to the current version. I like the way my face feels better after using L'Oreal. Also, L'Oreal has an SPF 15 rating, if that makes a difference. My favorite cheap ASB is Aqua Velva Ice Balm, but I've had skin cancer a couple of times so any good ASB with an SPF rating wins for me.

So, would you say the l"Oreal is more soothing AND moisturising than the Nivea Sensitive ?

Top Bottom