What's new

Let's See Your Packs!

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
After this thread started I went and found my backpack. It's an "Emerald Bay" internal frame pack that I got for Christmas when I was about 14, and it came from either the Sears or JC Pennys Christmas catalog. I never did extensive of backpacking, mostly just 1 or 2 nighters, but that pack has seen some good times.

Here's mine. Swiss military "salt and pepper" rucksack, made of canvas and leather.
VERY heavy-duty, with an internal frame.
This picture was taken during a 3 day hike in the Porcupine Mts. (Michigan) last fall.
The other bag is a Swedish army ammo bag, re-purposed into a shoulder bag.

Attachments

• $073.jpg
    $073.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 120

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
Those Swiss packs are really nice looking. They turn up on ebay and Etsy quite ofetn but are fetching fad prices now. Many are Buy It Now at $150 or higher and even in bidding they climb fast. Some sellers post poor pictures so you need to look at the straps closely to be sure they are not dry rotten.

Even though I am going with a new Adler Stream pack I would like to have one of these as I like the vintage look.

Thanks for posting the nice pic of that one.

Tony

I see some really, really heavy packs. I can't even begin to tell you how amazing ultralight backpacking is. When I was young, a 50+ lb. pack was nothing. But now that I'm 46 (yikes!!), backpacking with less than 15 lbs (sometimes much less) is an absolute joy.

here are my two packs I use. The camebak has been to Iraq and back and I bought the ILBE after getting out. Both are great packs!

Attachments

• $ilbe.jpg
    $ilbe.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 82
  • $camelbak.jpg
    $camelbak.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 83
I have Fjällräven Kånken in everyday use (like pretty much everyone has in Nordic countries). And why not. It's the best pack I've ever had.

Then I have some 60l Deuter I use when traveling.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
SHD, the nice thing is when the boys get a little older you'll have your own team of Sherpas and you can really go light weight.

Top Bottom