What's new

7K giveaway

Um, would I be considered a tightwad if I asked for my loose change bribe back?
Congrats cb91710, and to seraphim for 7k and a great giveaway.

Just think of yourself as a "contributor" to this thread. No fancy badger badge under your avatar or anything, but know that your bribes help an underprivileged shaver get a hot cup o Joe in the morning...

WOW!
AWESOME!

Seriously guys... I got it Saturday, shaved with it last night.
This is the best straight shave I have EVER had... and I've bought razors "professionally honed" from Classic, Bullgoose, and SRD.

The touch was so gentle, I didn't have hopes for a close shave. I mean, I think I would have had to have TRIED to cut myself. It just didn't feel "sharp", but I had 4 day's growth and it mowed that mess down to a SAS/DFS in one freaking pass!

I'm at 19 hours now and my mustache area, and chin immediately under my lip are STILL completely BBS. Only spots with any stubble at all are under my chin and central jawline, and that's simply because I did not work them as heavily as I normally do on the ATG.

I've got half a mind to pack up the rest of my blades and ship them to Beantown!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
It has to be the hanging pasted strop. Seraphim isn't a Honemeister after all.

WOW!
AWESOME!

Seriously guys... I got it Saturday, shaved with it last night.
This is the best straight shave I have EVER had... and I've bought razors "professionally honed" from Classic, Bullgoose, and SRD.

The touch was so gentle, I didn't have hopes for a close shave. I mean, I think I would have had to have TRIED to cut myself. It just didn't feel "sharp", but I had 4 day's growth and it mowed that mess down to a SAS/DFS in one freaking pass!

I'm at 19 hours now and my mustache area, and chin immediately under my lip are STILL completely BBS. Only spots with any stubble at all are under my chin and central jawline, and that's simply because I did not work them as heavily as I normally do on the ATG.

I've got half a mind to pack up the rest of my blades and ship them to Beantown!

i got one of the shenanignans from craig and it truly is a friggin awesome edge.. i kind of want to allow someone else the experience, but at the same time it was one of my first straights and I have very fond memories...

LOL!

Now I'm going to have to go back through your posts to find your progression.
I know you use film.
I've got a Norton 4/8, Naniwa 12, and two different fabric strops... Illinois and Mountain Mike's.
I just got a bottle of 0.5 CrOX from WCS. The CrOX is going on the Illinois.

I see a fair amount of hone wear on the spine... I'm assuming it took a fair bit of work to set the bevel and you didn't do it on the equivalent of a Norton 4k.
OTOH, it's really not much more wear than my new Pearlex stainless honed by Lynn.

LOL!

Now I'm going to have to go back through your posts to find your progression.
I know you use film.
I've got a Norton 4/8, Naniwa 12, and two different fabric strops... Illinois and Mountain Mike's.
I just got a bottle of 0.5 CrOX from WCS. The CrOX is going on the Illinois.

I see a fair amount of hone wear on the spine... I'm assuming it took a fair bit of work to set the bevel and you didn't do it on the equivalent of a Norton 4k.
OTOH, it's really not much more wear than my new Pearlex stainless honed by Lynn.

Usual progression here.

However, when I finished your razor out to 0.5um, it felt harsh. It took me a bit to dial it into the comfort zone. I ended up doing so by using a hanging cotton belt coated with the Dovo red paste.

A pic of your edge before I sent it off:

Attachments

• $PIF edge 2.jpg
    $PIF edge 2.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 26
Top Bottom