What's new

I think I will stop using TPC

"We allow 3 weeks for domestic delivery, so nothing can be done until that time frame has passed for a lost or non-delivered package."

Three weeks is a long time brahs. I'm approaching nearly 3 weeks for some of the decants I ordered over 2 weeks ago and it's really annoying. I know it's holiday season but c'mon now.

Am I being unreasonable? I realize I am impatient but I don't know any other business where I've waited 3 weeks for an order to arrive if it advertised as in stock.

No, I don't think you're being unreasonable at all. That is a long time. Their prices, I've always said, are crazy. But, their selection is pretty much unmatched. Though, I have tried to locate a couple of items they did not have.

They are like the luckyscent of decants, which is why I've used them exclusively. But my last order, which I've detailed in a prior thread, had 3 packages and the first one arrive TWO WEEKS AGO and the third one I'm still waiting for. If they don't have it in stock don't say in stock. No other explanation (other than laziness).

I once waited nearly a month for part of my order to arrive. The other half of the order showed up in a week or so.

I really only use TPC as a last resort when I can't find what I want elsewhere. Not only is the shipping situation spotty, but they are far from the cheapest place to get samps.

The main thing they have going for them is their selection which is all but comprehensive. I'll use them, but I'll try to find it elsewhere first.

Seriously I'd rather spend for a FB and take my chances than wait 3 WEEKS for part of an order that others components arrive within 1 week.

I really only use TPC as a last resort when I can't find what I want elsewhere. Not only is the shipping situation spotty, but they are far from the cheapest place to get samps.

The main thing they have going for them is their selection which is all but comprehensive. I'll use them, but I'll try to find it elsewhere first.

+1+
I really miss Mudassir, whose selection wasn't as comprehensive as TPC but it was dang impressive, with reasonable prices and a great guy to deal with.

The shipping from TPC is annoying but their prices is what really keeps me away. Just looked at By Killians Back to Black - a 30ml decant is $180. You can buy a 30ml travel refill from Lucky Scent or Aedes (not discounters mind you) for $70. If I didn't know better and ordered from them only to find out later how out of whack their pricing was I'd be hopping mad.

I'm curious, I've never used TPC, but isn't it a company made up of 3 people who live in different parts of the country and your order is filled by whichever of the 3 has what you have ordered?

I'm curious, I've never used TPC, but isn't it a company made up of 3 people who live in different parts of the country and your order is filled by whichever of the 3 has what you have ordered?

That is in line with what I've heard. My most recent orders arrived shipped from a couple of places in completely different parts of the country.

That is in line with what I've heard. My most recent orders arrived shipped from a couple of places in completely different parts of the country.

My experience with them, as well. But with my couple of orders, they have always let me know that they will be shipping seperately.

Yup. And I gather they work with a lot of "stringers" too... Other collectors who they can tap into if need be. Thats why depending on what you order, shipments may come from different places and not in one shipment. I feel for Schad...I have a sample hung up with USPS through them right now. I think I've ordered aout 30-35 decants through them this year and only had this get hung up.

They are savvy enough to sometimes markup the rare shyt pretty steep for sure.

I'll always hit up Crystal Flacon and Luckyscent first. TPC has become a source of last resort due to shipping hassles and cost.

I have had a similar experience with them. Strangely when I check USPS for tracking, it has already shipped, but still takes a couple of weeks to get to me.

Same thing as OP. I've only ordered once and it took 3 shipments for 6 samples with the last one arriving two and a half weeks after ordering. I will use whatever else I can find for samples before ordering from them again. Plus, they are super expensive for samples compared to luckyscent, aedes, etc.

I always look to see if RickBoone, Garry or Archfire have what I'm looking for first. Normally close to half the price of TPC, cheaper shipping, and I get my orders within 3-4 days.

I always look to see if RickBoone, Garry or Archfire have what I'm looking for first. Normally close to half the price of TPC, cheaper shipping, and I get my orders within 3-4 days.

I haven't used these guys in a while, but I have only ordered once in the past several months, but I do check all of them first.

This thread is bad - as if I don't have enough samples to work through I just ordered 9 samples of Le Labo and Montales from Luckyscent.

edit: And somehow missed ordering cuir d'arabie again! It isn't listed under their Montale selection, but I just found it - will have to wait until next order.

I once waited nearly a month for part of my order to arrive. The other half of the order showed up in a week or so.

This happens all the time with them. I think certain of the folks in their network of suppliers are just faster/more diligent than others. On the plus side, sooner or later, my stuff has always arrived, and they do provide shipping notice and tracking normally.

Top Bottom