What's new

*Brush Wars* Contender #2 Savile Row 3824 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This shaving brush is quite deceiving. While I love the handle on it… I feel it looks quite silly… well that is – until the brush bloomed. Before its first use, it seemed as though the brush had too much loft, and just sort of looked “odd” but once this sucker bloomed, it really took on a striking form. The brush is of superb quality, and only lost 2-3 hairs (normal) on its maiden voyage, and performed admirably with my favorite – Salter Fresh Mint shaving cream. Due to this shaving brushes “point” like tip (although it is domed the highest point of the brush is at a much higher point than the rest of the brush) makes it very easy to get the perfect amount of shaving cream from the jar – especially with my preferred Salter shaving cream, as it is a soft cream, thus is terribly easy to load into the tips of the shaving brush. What I like very much about this shaving brush is the shape of the bloomed head – and for 2 reasons. #1 it provides the same benefits of a “larger” brush, whilst making the head of the brush that actually touches your face of manageable size. #2 due to the shape – the shorter hairs on the side actually act as a “support” for the taller hairs, thereby making what normally would be a “floppy” shaving brush (due to the soft hairs) much stouter. Think of it like this…. a pyramid like shape has a greater stance than a skyscraper, as it has the lower portions supporting each taller section. With a standard “English” brush head (shape) the hairs do not support one another as effectively, thus providing a “moppish” like feel. With a relatively dense packed not (compared to a vulfix) and the “supportive” shape, this brush provides a silky soft feel, whilst remaining stout…. very nice.

If we’re talkin’ cars – think of this as a lexus and the Simpson PJ3 more along the lines of a BMW. The lexus (Savile Row) is going to be “cushier” offer greater luxury, be built like a tank, and run forever. The BMW is more “performance” oriented and although luxurious – it is going to be a little harsher, and a little more “in your face” (pun intended).

Pre-Bloom....
full

Loaded with Salter Mint....
full

full

In Bloom next to PJ3
full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom