What's new

Acquisitions for January 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a new year! Where are the new acquisitions??

Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with!

I managed to pick up AOS lavender Pre and After shave and a travel brush for a steal on ebay just 13 minutes into the year! Also picked up the cream to match on B/S/T. Hopefully going to be adding even more to my new collection this month too! If not next month is my Birthday!

Finally...after 30 days of waiting...

proxy.php

So far, 100 Iridium Super and 200 Astra SS. Later this month: a Robert's Feats of Clay scuttle (005, malachite green), weber SS razor and a spare handle, have a rolls razor viscount in the mail already as well as a couple old types.

Going to TRY to keep it to that.. for January anyways.

... though it is my birthday on the 11th, so that's always a fair excuse to spend, right? :w00t:

Received: Astra blades
On it's way: Polsilver blades, Edwin Jagger de8911

BrookR1. . Very nice razor! Congratulations. . :thumbsup:

I got a Simpson "Duke" #2, GFT Coconut Oil Cream and a Merkur Progress. Although, I don't think I'm going to keep the Progress.

1903-1904 Gillette Double Ring "Pat Apl'd For" Pre-serial number, Cased:

1906 Single Ring, Cased

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, this is my second razor,

A 1930s Gillette NEW from what I've been researching which cleaned up pretty well! Also scored a Every-Ready 100T Brush and Currier&Ives Shave Mug (Homestead in Winter print, but this picture is from the internet :)). All this for $11.90! I think I did well...Thoughts?

proxy.php

Attachments

• $photo 1.jpg
    $photo 1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 790
  • $photo 2.jpg
    $photo 2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 788
  • $photo 3.jpg
    $photo 3.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 790
I just got a tub of Trumper's Coconut from WCS. I'm looking forward to this morning's shave with it.

Attachments

• $P1010851.jpg
    $P1010851.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 786

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Found a nice brush, C&E made in W Germany bristle. The knot is still usable and I like the short (45mm) handle. Defunking with Irisch Moos.

Last edited by a moderator:
A cool Bristle and Badger brush. I had to fight for it. Just came in NOS for sure!!

A nice SE set with wedge blades. The blades have three stars on them. Star razor marked with all sorts of engravings. I bought the lot for the two old stock Williams pucks, but got the SE and a ton of old blades.

I was also the only bidder on a Yardley set with AS, Cologne, and a soap on rope. NICE!! :w00t:

Attachments

• $WOWBRUSH.jpg
    $WOWBRUSH.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 705
  • $WOWBRUSH2.jpg
    $WOWBRUSH2.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 697
  • $wedge.jpg
    $wedge.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 696
  • $YARD.jpg
    $YARD.jpg