What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - January 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new year, a new SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria thread (only a few days late this month). I'm kicking it off with a few pictures inspired by this weeks Japanese themd but feel free to include any you feel worthy.

13/16 FON Golden Star, Full Hollow Ground, Square Point
Imperial Shave Pegasus III Strop
Rooney 3/1 Silvertip
Castle Forbes Lime Essential Oil Shaving Cream
:001_wub:
Alum Block
Proraso Splash
C&E West Indian Lime Cologne

proxy.php

Eagle
Tabac
Senator/Astra SP
C.O. Bigelow Elixir Black ASB
Bulgari Black EdT

Japan Week??? So IRONIC then that without knowing this I took out my Yasuki Steel Kamisori with Blue Tosuke Grip and used it for the first time in months today... Coupled it with a Semogue 1305 brush, Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet Cream, Aftershave, and EDT, and groomed my towel dried damp hair with Tabac Hair Cream. Ahhhhhhhh.... Japan.... Ever since viewing "Lost in Translation" (maybe before actually) I've longed to pay a visit to the Land of the Rising Sun.

***(used an old picture but you get the point...a brilliant shave!)

The first week of the new year will be entirely dedicated to The Land of the Rising Sun. Japan is not only a wonderful place, but also a country of thousand-year-old wisdom and knowledge. From the legendary Samurai swords to the current JNats and hand-made honing stones, I'm pretty sure our straight razor fans will enjoy this themed week. Please add in your always stunning shots all the Japanese shaving stuff you own and love! :001_wub:

proxy.php

13/16 Toyo Scheon Burg #777, Full Hollow Ground, Square Point
H.L. Thater 49125/1 Silvertip
L'Occitane Cade Soap
Alum Block
Alt-Innsbruck

proxy.php

Good morning friends!

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 23 mm Vie-Long 16510 Silvertip Badger Shaving Brush
SOAP/CREAM: La Maison du Barbier Soap
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: Iwasaki Kamisori
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan # 60.000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG / XTG
AS: Floïd (Spanish)
RESULT: Smooth shave

proxy.php

Have a nice day,
Béla

proxy.php

Kikuboshi Special | Nomad + DR Harris Lavender | Simpson Chubby 2 | Thayers Lavender | Sabon ASB | Hermessence Santal Massoia​

I hadn't shaved since Thursday, so I was really looking forward to this shave! The Nomad/Harris überlather was sheer heaven. The woodiness of the Nomad combined perfectly with the lavender scent of the DR Harris. And we are all familiar with how these two top-shelf products perform separately. Let me tell you, they are even better in combination. The thick luxurious lather was applied with the Simpson 2-band Chubby, which felt like a pillow on my face. The razor, for its part, was impeccable. These Japanese western style straights really take a buttery smooth, yet keen, edge. I was BBS in no time, and ready to go back to work (or at least as ready as I'll ever be)...

Welcome to the 2012 work year!​

Machida Tadeshi Kamisori // Houbigant Fougure // Rooney 1/2 Finest // Pen's EF

proxy.php

13/16 Towa Frameback, Square Point
Simpson Duke 3 Best
RazoRock Chianti Lavender
Alum Block
Paco Rabanne XS Aftershave
Floris No.89 EdT

proxy.php

Wow, David. Now that is a close shave!

Merkur Futur 700
with Supermax SS (2)
Kent BK 2 Silvertip
Calani Malabar SS
Calani Malabar ASB
Have a nice day! :001_smile

proxy.php

Yet another for the cover of a magazine!

Impeccable, Marco!

Sorry to hear about the cut. Hope it heals fast for you. How is the Chianti Lavender? I've got some RazoRock XXX, and the LE soap for your frame of reference...
No worries, Bill. Only a small nick on the upper lip. As for the Chianti Lavender, I just may have to change my signature. All the tallow Italian soft soaps perform well for me, although this one has the added bonus of an amazing scent too. Very subtle, yet very noticeable throughout the shave.

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1
Razor: ERN Crown & Sword 7/8
Strop: 40/60 Neil Miller Linen/English Bridle
Soap: Palmolive Stick
After shave: Musgo Real
Results: Took my time today, spent almost an hour showering and shaving. A very nice, relaxing and wonderfully smooth shave.

proxy.php

What an indulgence!!! Nice one, Rune.:001_smile

Wednesday

Japanese rice bowl
Restored Rubberset 2-band
Mühle R101 (2010) with Feather

Kappus Men Active Shaving Cream
(Santa Erwin again :001_smile)
Proraso Protective After Shave Cream
Hugo Boss - Boss Bottled EdT

This is just about as Japanese as I can get with my shave

Have a nice day, Gentlemen

proxy.php

Fabulous shot, Soren!:thumbup1:

Gentlemen, I am currently tied up with business elsewhere at the moment, so no time to make individual comments tonight:sad:, but congratulations on another excellent day.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:. Hopefully I'll be able to return to some sort of normality in this forum very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom