What's new

My "Gold Slash" 7 day set

lol... those are

bottom... 6/8ths gold dollar made by some 12yr old chinese girl chained to a bench grinder *(probably...)
i don't care who you are, that right there is funny... (well, maybe unless you are the 12 yr old Chinese girl)

:001_rolle that boy ain't right

Last edited:
I have a new idea... Let's make a real 7 day set. It will reflect the days of the week. Here's mine... I call it Monday...because no one likes mondays.
$IMG_20130525_091435.jpg$IMG_20130525_091425.jpg

I don't care what anyone thinks.... I learned to hone on this. She's mine for life:001_wub:... or maybe pifed if someone else needs to learn how to hone.:ohmy:

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Want patina? Ospho. Or coca cola which also contains phosphoric acid. Try it on a junk razor first to get the soak time right.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Starting again. The first one is a reject. I knocked a small chip out of the toe and had to make it a shorty. Still good but it can't be in the set and it doesn't rate ivory. I will have it dressed in CA finished walnut in a couple of weeks then on to the next one.

The shorty I gave about a 16 degree preliminary bevel. The factory bring marks we're quite deep so sanding them out thinned the blade a good bit and while not a true singing razor, is starting to find a voice. Should be a lively shaver when finished. I still have 3 or 4 more stages of sanding and then the diamond paste progression, then preliminary honing and repolishing the spine before I make the scales.

I do intend to go with ivory for the set though. Fitting scale material for such fine razor shaped objects, I think.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
$MondayAt320.jpgView attachment 345378

A couple of works in progress. I keep dropping them and trashing them with the Dremel so I am mostly getting rejects that still end up looking good and shaving good but don't have the uniformity to go in a set. I am thinning all my GD mods these days, to around 16.5 degrees bevel angle. They make quite interesting shavers, very sassy and nimble, thinned down. Maybe not for the newbie on his first few shaves though! The set will definitely be under 17 degrees.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
$HeartBreak01.jpg$HeartBreak02.jpg

Oh the humanity! The heartbreak! AAAAAAUUUUGGHHHHHH!!!!! My Dremel is the 110V equivelant to Charlie Brown's kite-eating tree! Oh Dremel how I hate thee! I have been watching the entire Dark Shadows series from the 60's and I have a new name for my Dremel... Angelique.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
$HeartBreakFixed.jpg

There. All better now. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you crap, maybe don't make anything for a while. When life gives you wounded Gold Dollars, amputate. Here's "The Gimp".

Top Bottom