What's new

Davidoff Coolwater Aftershave and Aftershave Balm

My local Target has the Davidoff Coolwater giftsets on sale, after Christmas that includes:
Davidoff Coolwater Spray
Davidoff Coolwater Shower Gel
Davidoff Coolwater Aftershave
Davidoff Coolwater Aftershave Balm
For $20

Needless to say, I picked one up with a giftcard I received from the holidays. Tried out the aftershave balm tonight after a splash of aqua velva upon completing a shave, and I like it. Goes well, with aqua velva, and I have been looking for a compatible ASB since AV ASB is no longer produced.

Anyone else have experience with Coolwater ASB or Coolwater aftershave? Is there any reason not like the products? If they pass the B&B test I think I may stock up.

Why does it need to Pass a B&B Test? If you like the qualities of the ASB I'd recommend stocking up, I enjoy the California ASB which is very difficult to find and stock up when I can. The Coolwater scent was really popular and probably over applied so you'll find many who have bad memories of it. I used it almost exclusively at one time and enjoyed it, I prefer Original Polo Green, but have moved more towards the Wood and Grass/green scents.

Coolwater is an awesome scent, and ladies seem to love it. If you find the Cool Water Aftershave splash is not quite up to par, you can easily correct it by adding some glycerin to it. :thumbup1::thumbup1:

Cool water was my first aftershave haha. Still lovely stuff. Although it reminds me of chasing ladies at under age discos

Cool Water and Aqua Velva? I am curious to know, what does happen when you mix matter and anti-matter?

Aqua Velva Ice Sport smell very much like Cool Water, so the two complement each other wonderfully.

I must strongly disagree with you sir. Cool Water is a divine scent combining mint, lavender, and citrus. Aqua Velva has a dry down that is faintly reminiscent of a car that burns oil.

I must strongly disagree with you sir. Cool Water is a divine scent combining mint, lavender, and citrus. Aqua Velva has a dry down that is faintly reminiscent of a car that burns oil.

I think you misunderstood what I wrote, I said Aqua Velva Ice Sport smells like Cool Water. Aqua Velva Ice Sport is an entirely different product from the regular Aqua Velva Ice Blue. :001_tt2::001_tt2:

But I love the Aqua Velva Ice Blue as well, so I would disagree with your conclusion.

Aqua Velva Ice Sport:

$AquaVelvaIceSport.jpg
Aqua Velva Ice Blue:

$AquaVelva.jpg

Last edited:
I see Cool Water all the time at Wal-Mart. Going to have to give the test bottle a few squirts next time I'm there.

I think you misunderstood what I wrote, I said Aqua Velva Ice Sport smells like Cool Water. Aqua Velva Ice Sport is an entirely different product from the regular Aqua Velva Ice Blue. :001_tt2::001_tt2:

Perhaps I should clarify, I think all Aqua Velva smells like burned rubber (oh yes I did!) No offense, YMMV as they say. Cool Water on the other hand is a simply marvelous fragrance, although it is not modern, it was first introduced in 1988.

Ok, so my local Target marked these set down 70%! Needless to say I bought 4 of them for $8.68 a piece. Comes with the cologne, body wash, aftershave, and aftershave balm, all in the big full size bottles. Got 4 full sets on the shelf and an open one in the bathroom. Stocked up on one of my favorite scents for a long time!

ChrisD, glad you enjoy the AV and stocked up, but only four, you won't find a better deal and they will be fine for a few years stored in a cool dry place. I'd be getting at least four more, you could always give one or two out as gifts. I'm a big Skin Bracer Fan, so when I find the Cooling Blue or Cool Spice I stock up, I do the same with Dana California Cologne. The California Balm is easy to find, but the Cologne is discontinued, right now I've got eight 1.7oz bottles on hand, I love the scent and don't care what others may think.

ChrisD, glad you enjoy the AV and stocked up, but only four

Just to clarify, he stocked up on Cool Water Gift Sets, not Aqua Velva. Considering the bottle of cologne in the set is worth $20-$30 by itself (I don't recall how big the bottle of cologne is in this set) the $8.68 price is a total steal!!

Just to clarify, he stocked up on Cool Water Gift Sets, not Aqua Velva. Considering the bottle of cologne in the set is worth $20-$30 by itself (I don't recall how big the bottle of cologne is in this set) the $8.68 price is a total steal!!

Thanks, the Brain was foggy and the AV discussion was jumbled in there, either way, that's a great price.

Top Bottom