What's new

Speakeasy Aquisitions - 2012

I scored big. SWMBO gave me a 1.75 liter bottle of Bombay Sapphire gin AND a bottle of Glenlivet 15 year old scotch.

The wife gave me a bottle of Balvenie Caribbean Rum Cask and the Michter's fairy dropped off bottles of their Bourbon, Rye, and American Blend.

The wife gave me a bottle of Balvenie Caribbean Rum Cask and the Michter's fairy dropped off bottles of their Bourbon, Rye, and American Blend.

That rum cask is excellent. A great value from the Balvenie line.

I ended up with a bottle of the 17 year Madeira Cask. The Balvenie might be my favorite distillery. I am only lacking the 15 year single barrel to own the entire line - aside from the fabled 30 year which is prohibitively expensive.

I scored big...

I bought myself a bottle of Suntory The Yamizaki 12.
My wife gave me a bottle of Edradour 10.
My mom gave me a bottle of Glenlivet Nadurra 16.
An executive at work gave me a bottle of Bowmore 12 as a thank you for bailing out a failing project.
I bought a bottle of Four Roses small batch to replace a bourbon I finished.

All of these arrived inside of 3 days. That's one hell of an acquisition rate! Sadly, my Auchentoshan Classic passed from this world and my Laphroig 10 is soon to follow.

Green Chartruse
Laird's Bottled in Bond Straight Apple Brandy
St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram
Bushmills
Tullamore Dew
Woodford Reserve
Knob Creek Single Barrel #59 (Selected by Brown Derby)
Jim Beam Black
Cointreau

The Martell vs. Courvoisier thread I was reading earlier put me in nostalgic mind frame so I got my late grandfather's bottle of Couvoisier XO and had a pour. Not only was he a cognac man, but he collected fine crystal, so I had it in one of his Waterford brandy snifters. I miss the guy....

My birthday haul this weekend was Balvenie 14 year old Carribean cask, a bottle of Jura lightly peated Scotch and White Owl rye whiskey.

Got a very delicious birthday present from my mother this evening:

proxy.php

It's samplin' time!

Happy Valentine's Day!

My lovely bride gifted me a bottle of Ardbeg 10, and Cabela's and Home Depot gift cards (well the Cabela's card and Ardbeg were for me:001_smile)

Tom

Just got a couple of bottles of Westvleteren 12 in a trade. Can't wait to taste this brew side by side with Rochefort 10.

I picked up a bottle of Great King Street and a trio of Glenmorangie miniatures - Lasanta, Quinta Ruban, & Nectar D'Or.

My share (Hunahpu event, Total Wine, and Leukens):
8 2012 CCB Hunahpu
12 2011 CCB Zhukov
3 Avery Czar
1 Ballast Point Victory at Sea
1 Stone 13th Anniversary
6-pack each Lagunitas Imperial Red and Avery New World Porter

Top Bottom