What's new

Speakeasy Aquisitions - 2012

Black Ops is delicious! I grabbed a couple of bottles last year and they didn't last a month. I love the Le Petit Prince, have you had their Funkmetal yet? I've been looking for it, heard it's great.

This was the first time I had seen any Jester King stuff at my local store. I think they may have just started distribution here recently. I enjoyed the Le Petit Prince, but have not had anything else from them.

$jameson_18nd__Tube_hr.jpg

I have added three new bottles:

Bruichladdich Black Art 3
Compass Box Hedonism
Old Forester Birthday Bourbon.

I've only opened the bourbon and it's horrible. It has a bitter flavor to it that is massively unpalatable. It tastes like some sort of methacrylate. *Really* disappointed.

For Christmas I got a bottle of the Ron Zacapa Centenario, I'm going to try to save it for this summer to enjoy with friends at a BBQ. One of my Journeymen had the XO which I thought was delicious. I got the Centenario because my mom felt that $55 was better to spend on rum than $115. Who am I to argue with a gift of rum either way?

Just picked up an aquision from my sister. She buys and sells vintage furniture and picked up these, among others. The Kentucky Bourbon has some sediment. The others look like current liquor from Germany and are unopened and might stay that way.
Not listed is Obelisk Vodka and Bombay Saphire.
View attachment 290682

I've never seen it in Germany (I've also never looked), but I've had slivovice in the Czech Republic and in Slovakia. Based on my experience, I think leaving them unopened is the right choice!

Top Bottom