What's new

Indulgence of the Night - 2012

Connor, have you tried the Hendrick's shaken with ice and served up in a cold martini glass? That's my favorite way to serve, and the best way for me to pick up the cucumber. Definitely one of my favorite gins.

A Churchill Matini...great idea!! Thanks for the tip.

Well, I've taken the Alton Brown approach to making martinis with vermouth (I don't always use vermouth, just when the mood strikes): put four or five ice cubes in the shaker, pour in an ounce or two of vermouth, the exact quantity not being important because I swirl it around the ice, then pour it all out, add gin, shake, and serve. Very consistent, and works for me.

I had a fantastic bottle of 2004 Rockford Basket Press Shiraz with a plate of mushroom risotto for dinner last night.

I've been on a hiatus lately...but today decided to buy a fresh bomber of Lagunitas Hop Stoopid.

I'm currently enjoying a Rochefort 10 quad. Damn fine beer.

I spent the evening with my parents last night sampling some new cocktails. The first was an Orange Livorno (Tuaca, bourbon, bitters, & orange juice), the second was Under the Tartan Sun (Scotch, Tuaca, tonic, lime wedge), and the last was a Paloma (grapefruit and tequila based). It was a lot of fun trying some new flavors!

Being that it is Easter, tonight's Indulgence was several foil-wrapped chocolate Easter eggs and mini-bunnies from Birnn Chocolates in Highland Park, NJ. Having sampled lots of chocolate over the years (with the girth to prove it), this place makes, hands down, the smoothest, creamiest, and flavorful chocolate I've ever tasted.

Beefeater martini in the Lobby Lounge, then this concoction with a fresh Italian Pesto at Pricci's:

APERITIVO DEL PIRATA BACICCIO
San Bitter Rosso, Hendrick’s Gin, Blood Orange, Candied Orange Twist

Top Bottom