What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Accords: earthy, woody, leather, tobacco, animalic
Notes: Leather, Vetiver, Oak Moss, Tobacco, Black Fig, Citruses

Definitely get the leather and tobacco and they are quite well balanced also. There is an underlying sweetness which smells like vanilla to me which may be coming from the fig and citrus. Like I have stated in the past, I don't care for sweet gourmands like vanilla in my frags, but if they stay in the background they can be tolerable. Centuare Cuir Blanc projects well and is non-offensive, that is until it begins turning powdery on skin after 6 hours.

The only thing I see in the notes which looks like it could turn powdery is oak moss, but I don't usually have much of a problem with that one. I don't know if it is a blessing or a curse that many frags turn powdery on my skin. The advantage is that it helps narrow the field of choices. The disadvantage is that I must weed through them. Just because a frag contains notes which can turn powdery on my skin does not guarantee that they will, but it's weeks like this that tempt me to stick with simple woody frags without any powdery notes that might ruin it for me.

More Vintage Frags - Week 28
Antonio Puig Sybaris (vintage 1988) - Monday
Pierre Cardin Centuare (vintage 1991) - Tuesday
Pierre Cardin Centuare Cuir Blanc (vintage 1996) - Wednesday
Hermes Bel Ami (vintage 1986) - Thursday
Lubin Daimo (vintage 1954) - Friday

Last edited:
I like the spicy, boozy, ambery opening of this Ambre Russe. It's relatively inexpensive for a niche scent at $75 for 50ml EdP, so I hope it wears well today.

proxy.php

I must have missed a few days. It may be too late, but....

Carven de Vetiver

Someone asked me about the Carven Vetiver recently. How would you describe it, Bill?

....and how would you describe the Lanvin Vetiver, Ron?

Bandit is one to borrow, for sure......

Yes, Bandit is like Aramis on steroids!

What do you think of the Le Vainqueur, Bill? I found it to be a very light, modern fresh scent.

proxy.php

Accords: earthy, woody, leather, tobacco, animalic
Notes: Leather, Vetiver, Oak Moss, Tobacco, Black Fig, Citruses

More Vintage Frags - Week 28
Antonio Puig Sybaris (vintage 1988) - Monday
Pierre Cardin Centuare (vintage 1991) - Tuesday
Pierre Cardin Centuare Cuir Blanc (vintage 1996) - Wednesday
Hermes Bel Ami (vintage 1986) - Thursday
Lubin Daimo (vintage 1954) - Friday

Great pic! This one sounds very dark and heavy?

Oriscent's Kyara Koutan layered over ASAQ's Blue Ambergris.

I was wearing a combination very similar to this a few weeks ago while out w/some friends. One of the guys said, "It smells like roach spray in here." He had no idea I was the exterminator....

I'm prob gonna see that same guy tonight -- looking forward to his comments... :w00t:

Today:
by sample

$nd.5348.jpg

Parfum d Empire
Cuir Ottoman
Iris , Egyptian Jasmine, Incence, Styrax, Leather

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom