What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gents, let's see what fragrance you're wearing today.

Don't hesitate to post pics of bottles, or images that capture the essence of the fragrance, and of course discussion is highly encouraged.

Well, I've been a bit lax on posting overall. So as a New Year's Resolution I will be attempting to post at least in this thread a bit more. It may take a while to get some cool pictures to go with the various fragrances like some of you seem so adept at, but at least I will likely post the fragrance of the day.

At the request of a co-worker, it's Tabarome Millesime for me today.

Bob

Attachments

• $SOTD 001.jpg
    $SOTD 001.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 2,184
I was happy to see this one in your Top 10 list Josh, so decided to wear it today. I love that it lasts until the next day, and really enjoy the burnt sugar & maple syrup scent. If you don't like gourmands, don't even think about this one.

proxy.php

Well, I've been a bit lax on posting overall. So as a New Year's Resolution I will be attempting to post at least in this thread a bit more. It may take a while to get some cool pictures to go with the various fragrances like some of you seem so adept at, but at least I will likely post the fragrance of the day.

At the request of a co-worker, it's Tabarome Millesime for me today.

Bob

I'm looking forward very much to seeing your posts here, Bob, and especially when you feel inclined to describe what you are wearing. I really enjoy the way you describe scents - the moods they put you in, the images they bring to mind, etc. I enjoy others descriptions of scent notes, but I can relate very well to your style of describing a fragrance. Since scents have such strong memory triggers, this description style works well, at least for me.

I'm looking forward very much to seeing your posts here, Bob, and especially when you feel inclined to describe what you are wearing. I really enjoy the way you describe scents - the moods they put you in, the images they bring to mind, etc. I enjoy others descriptions of scent notes, but I can relate very well to your style of describing a fragrance. Since scents have such strong memory triggers, this description style works well, at least for me.

Me, too, Bob! I thoroughly enjoy your posts and other writing, and would be delighted to see as many posts from you as you are able to make!

Mazzolari Vetiver - A great way to start the new year!

Glad you are liking this one. For awhile I was not sure that you did. I think it is a great vetiver, although it seems to have other things going on.

For me today, Mazzolari "Patchouli." Last night I was wearing it, too, and my wife said she really liked it. She is generally indifferent to any scent I wear, but hen she likes one, it is always something I think of as great and not necessarily a typical scent, perhaps even a "difficult" scent. And her choice are wide-ranging.

I usually think of this one as something amazing from a House that also makes Lui. Such a difference between the two, even though I consider Lui to be dominated by patchouli. But this is a great scent even apart from Mazzolari's depth of skill. It seems that patchouli all by itself is a complex and evolving set of notes, and this one plays right into each one. Remarkable legs, although I think that is typical of pachoulis.

I think I will start wearing this one frequently. It may become a real favorite. It is surely in the top two patchoulis that I have had for me.

Glad you are liking this one. For awhile I was not sure that you did. I think it is a great vetiver, although it seems to have other things going on.

For me today, Mazzolari "Patchouli." Last night I was wearing it, too, and my wife said she really liked it. She is generally indifferent to any scent I wear, but hen she likes one, it is always something I think of as great and not necessarily a typical scent, perhaps even a "difficult" scent. And her choice are wide-ranging.

I usually think of this one as something amazing from a House that also makes Lui. Such a difference between the two, even though I consider Lui to be dominated by patchouli. But this is a great scent even apart from Mazzolari's depth of skill. It seems that patchouli all by itself is a complex and evolving set of notes, and this one plays right into each one. Remarkable legs, although I think that is typical of pachoulis.

I think I will start wearing this one frequently. It may become a real favorite. It is surely in the top two patchoulis that I have had for me.

I will add Mazzolari Mazzolari to the list of excellent Mazzolaris mentioned here. Is it a fougere? It seems to have what I think of as a classic men's cologne smell, and I like it a lot!

I will add Mazzolari Mazzolari to the list of excellent Mazzolaris mentioned here. Is it a fougere? It seems to have what I think of as a classic men's cologne smell, and I like it a lot!

Mazzolari Mazzolari is certainly a classic men's cologne. I consider it a fouler, and both SWMBO and I really dig it! I love the Patchouli and Lui as well. I may have to invest in some actual bottles of one of those two at some point in the not too distant future...

As for the Mazzolari Vetiver, I've always liked it, I just prefer the rootier vetiver notes. Despite the fact that this one is a much greener vetiver, I do still like it. I thought with the unseasonably warm day that a fresh scent would fit with a fresh new year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom