What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

I wore Mark Birley Charles Street for the first couple of hours this morning during my workout, and was surprised. These are the notes listed, but I just get a large incense scent.

proxy.php

And after a shower, I'm now wearing Mark Birley for Men, and so far I'm getting the lemony citrus top notes, which give it a very "eau de cologne" vibe, and from the reviews I've read, I'm not expecting it to change much.
proxy.php

Eau de Polder
extrait de parfum
by l'Essence de Mastenbroek

hay, grass, earth, herbs

For an extrait de parfum, this has some mild sillage and short longevity, but it also has quite an unusual smell. It's kinda sweet, kinda creamy, kinda floral, and kinda metallic. And I get subtle hints of coconut in the opening that fade quickly. It reminds me of an eau but there's no citrus and it reminds me of a chypre but there's no moss - and while it smells very familiar, it smells like nothing I've ever smelled before. And yet, I'm not overwhelmed by it at all, it's fairly mediocre at best. Eau de Polder was created to increase awareness of the cultural vulnerability of polders in the Netherlands. Therefore, it's an "art scent" meant to provoke scent memories or create olfactory landscapes. On that level I'd say it succeeds tremendously but this isn't something I'd choose to wear except once in a blue moon. In addition, I'd have to overapply it to truly enjoy the experience. It's harmless and I like it but I'd like more oomph from it.

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom