What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colonia Essenza
by Acqua di Parma

orange, bergamot, verbena, cardamom, pink pepper, pimento, jasmine, ylang ylang, rose, wild orchid, cedar, aromatic Thai resins, patchouli, white musk and amber

Although I could tell there was more going on besides what I was exeriencing, which was bergamot, neroli, white musk, and amber, but the notes list is much longer than I anticipated. Patchouli makes sense, at least a smidgen to give it the edge that was throwing me off in the base, and the florals listed reassure the brief but noticeable floral notes I experienced but could not place in the heart. Even verbena makes sense now in retrospect, but the pepper and cardamom, the cedar, or even "Thai spices" didn't really show through on this wearing. Doesn't matter, this was an impressively clean but interesting neroli fragrance that really caught my attention, mostly because I think it's the first AdP that I've really enjoyed wearing. And that's true, I loved it, and although it's not my favorite neroli frag (that honor still goes to Le Labo), it is definitely one that I can recommend for those seeking a very classy neroli frag. It does have some feminine aspects but nothing that upsets its gentlemanly appeal. I never found it woody although it is often described that way. But I would often get whiffs of something fantastic and think "Is that me?" and there's no way it wasn't. I especially like this take on an aqua colonia, which is by definition usually a citrusy eau de cologne, but this provided amazing longevity and a modest sillage that was absolutely stunning without being cloying or overly synthetic. It doesn't smell ozonic or aquatic but just fresh and classy, stylish, leisurely and easy going - Italian.

proxy.php

Colonia Essenza
by Acqua di Parma

orange, bergamot, verbena, cardamom, pink pepper, pimento, jasmine, ylang ylang, rose, wild orchid, cedar, aromatic Thai resins, patchouli, white musk and amber

Although I could tell there was more going on besides what I was exeriencing, which was bergamot, neroli, white musk, and amber, but the notes list is much longer than I anticipated. Patchouli makes sense, at least a smidgen to give it the edge that was throwing me off in the base, and the florals listed reassure the brief but noticeable floral notes I experienced but could not place in the heart. Even verbena makes sense now in retrospect, but the pepper and cardamom, the cedar, or even "Thai spices" didn't really show through on this wearing. Doesn't matter, this was an impressively clean but interesting neroli fragrance that really caught my attention, mostly because I think it's the first AdP that I've really enjoyed wearing. And that's true, I loved it, and although it's not my favorite neroli frag (that honor still goes to Le Labo), it is definitely one that I can recommend for those seeking a very classy neroli frag. It does have some feminine aspects but nothing that upsets its gentlemanly appeal. I never found it woody although it is often described that way. But I would often get whiffs of something fantastic and think "Is that me?" and there's no way it wasn't. I especially like this take on an aqua colonia, which is by definition usually a citrusy eau de cologne, but this provided amazing longevity and a modest sillage that was absolutely stunning without being cloying or overly synthetic. It doesn't smell ozonic or aquatic but just fresh and classy, stylish, leisurely and easy going - Italian.

proxy.php

Good write up as always Chris. I really dig this one from AdP. I think it's my favorite of the colonia flankers. It just has a very fresh, clean feel to it without being an acquatic or in any way synthetic. This stuff rocks when it's 105 degrees outside and I got quite a bit of wear out of my bottle this summer. It was one of the few I took on our family trip to the beach in Florida last month.

Miriam Mirani
proxy.php

Aqaba Men​

The cognac and lemon accord starts of with a tart citrus. The cognac gives it a sharp depth. This quickly gives way to white flowers. The citrus softens, but hangs in to add a greenness to the white flowers. In the base, the sandalwood and leather come out. A nice fragrance, and I'm looking forward to seeing how its legs hold up...

proxy.php
proxy.php

Top: Lime, Lemon, Grapefruit
Middle: Clary Sage, Lavender
Base: Moss, Patchouli, Musk

Malizia Uomo Vetyver? That is what this frag reminds me of, toilet bowl cleaner and lemon drops. If they weren't so bad then it would be interesting to do a side-by-side comparison. The notes for Anglia Imperial Lime are not the same as those for Crown Imperial so I don't think they were trying for that here. I get a strong projection with this frag for 8-10 hours then it's a skin scent for a couple hours more. Do not like.

Anglia Perfumery Week
Anglia Perfumery Richmond (2006) - Sunday
Anglia Perfumery Strand (2008) - Monday
Anglia Perfumery Duncan (2008) - Tuesday
Anglia Perfumery Isle of Man () - Wednesday
Anglia Perfumery Imperial Lime (2002) - Thursday
Anglia Perfumery Spiced Limes (2005) - Friday

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom