What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maitre Parfum et Gantier
proxy.php

Cuir Fetiche​
I loved that show.

I can't blame you there, from this scene I found for my FOTD! BTW, what show was it?

You know, I loved the books, but the show was just OK.
I was surprised (and happy) to see Charisma Carpenter as a Mord Sith.

Oh and today I did a random grab from the closet.
It ended up being Armani Acqua di Gio.

You know, I loved the books, but the show was just OK.
I was surprised (and happy) to see Charisma Carpenter as a Mord Sith.

Oh and today I did a random grab from the closet.
It ended up being Armani Acqua di Gio.
I never read the books, and after looking up the author online, his picture totally creeped me out.
FYI, the pic is from the show 'Legend of the Seeker'

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top: grapefruit, ginger, clove, nutmeg, green leaves
Middle: cardamom, pink pepper, orange
Base: cedarwood, guiacwood

Isle of Man or Isle of Men? Could Anglia have sent me sample of women's frag by mistake? All I get is powdery florals, but neither florals or powdery notes are listed. Perhaps grapefruit and cardamom could produce a similar vibe, but that wouldn't account for all the other notes listed which I am not getting. The frag has good projection and lasts 6-8 hours on my skin. embarrassing!

Anglia Perfumery Week
Anglia Perfumery Richmond (2006) - Sunday
Anglia Perfumery Strand (2008) - Monday
Anglia Perfumery Duncan (2008) - Tuesday
Anglia Perfumery Isle of Man () - Wednesday
Anglia Perfumery Imperial Lime (2002) - Thursday
Anglia Perfumery Spiced Limes (2005) - Friday

Last edited:
Mazzolari Mazzolari

Although I have no reason to doubt the source of my decant, my experience with this today was nothing like the reviews, which call for a citrus and green opening and some vetiver and/or sandalwood drydown. There might be some sandalwood in this but the overall experience was one of peppery leather, a soft subtle patchouli maybe, that reminded me a lot of HOT Always by Bond no. 9 (but less "hot"). This fits the description of Mazzolari Lui much better yet there was no obvious patchouli dominant notes as is often mentioned about Lui. Strange. Today's Mazzolari whatever-it-is was rather linear, went on strong, projected moderately, and settled out slowly with fairly good longevity. There was something fairly animalic about it, too, that reminded me of Weil's Antilope but with stronger leather notes. I liked it quite a bit but I'd rather have either HOT Always or Antilope.

proxy.php

Wish I knew HOT Always or Antilope. If it did not seem "green" it sure does not sound like Mazzolari "Signature." Without obvious patcholi notes it is not Lui! Leather does not sound right for MM. I really like MM, though.

Slumberhouse Norne for me, again, today.

Josh,

My first impressions of this juice were that it was good quality, but nothing special. Today, though, I applied it more heavily. Now the musky, animalic notes are pumping from it, and I'm really getting into it. I believe when I bought the split that I heard this one was supposed to be reminiscent of a dominatrix. I can see that with the sensual funk coming out today.

I can't blame you there, from this scene I found for my FOTD! BTW, what show was it?

As Jason says, Legend of the Seeker, which was based on novels in the series titled The Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind. Don't know how I missed the TV series up until now. Sounds like the kind of thing I have liked. Apparently available via streaming from Hulu, Netflix, and the shows website, at least according to Wikipedia.

Bill's FOTD photo illustrations generally make me want to try whatever frag he is illustrating! I think I will leave to my imagination what search terms he plugged in to find this photo!

I just searched for "Swing Dancing Expert"

As Jason says, Legend of the Seeker, which was based on novels in the series titled The Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind. Don't know how I missed the TV series up until now. Sounds like the kind of thing I have liked. Apparently available via streaming from Hulu, Netflix, and the shows website, at least according to Wikipedia.

Bill's FOTD photo illustrations generally make me want to try whatever frag he is illustrating! I think I will leave to my imagination what search terms he plugged in to find this photo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom