What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lorenzo Villoresi
proxy.php

Is it as good as I remember from the straw I had of it, quite awhile ago now!?

Annick Menardo's
proxy.php

Eau de Parfum

What do you think of this one, RR? I used to wear--long time ago--regular Boucheron often, and still like it a lot, although it seems a bit sweet to me now. I had some Jaipur, I think EDT or even EDC and really liked it. I ordered a big bottle of the EDP that looks just like the above--very cool bottle by the way--and did not like it at all compared to the EDC/EDT. This is before I came to understand that an EDT and an EDP of a particular scent can be very different. I still have the EDP. I should go back to it and see what I think, now knowing that the difference is not unintentional!

For me, over the weekend, MPG Route de Vetiver, until I was pretty much out of the decant I had. I think this was a vintage version, by the way. Anyone have any thoughts as to whether it have changed much over the years?

Today, MPG "-
Cuir Fétiche
"-I do not think MPG has ever made a bad scent (that is a scent I personally actively dislike) that I have had. This one not my fav, but utterly wearable. A civilized leather. Maybe too civilized.

Last edited:
How do you like this one? It sounds good with the citrus, almond & sandalwood, im curious if you're getting more than the sum of the parts?

I'm not sure I'd say more than the sum of the parts - in fact I didn't really get much citrus in the top. I've had it on about 8-9 hours so far - good sillage and appears pretty good longevity. It's pretty linear and pretty much almonds on a slightly sweet, creamy sandalwood base. I've seen some comparisons to "higer quality" JPG Le Male on line. I've never tried Le Male so I can't comment to that, but it reminds me of a higher quality Lolita Lempicka au Masculine but instead of Good n Plenty, this is Jordan Almonds. Hope that description doesn't come across as negative, I really like this one.

Is it as good as I remember from the straw I had of it, quite awhile ago now!?

What do you think of this one, RR? I used to wear--long time ago--regular Boucheron often, and still like it a lot, although it seems a bit sweet to me now. I had some Jaipur, I think EDT or even EDC and really liked it. I ordered a big bottle of the EDP that looks just like the above--very cool bottle by the way--and did not like it at all compared to the EDC/EDT. This is before I came to understand that an EDT and an EDP of a particular scent can be very different. I still have the EDP. I should go back to it and see what I think, now knowing that the difference is not unintentional!

For me, over the weekend, MPG Route de Vetiver, until I was pretty much out of the decant I had. I think this was a vintage version, by the way. Anyone have any thoughts as to whether it have changed much over the years?

Today, MPG "-
Cuir Fétiche
"-I do not think MPG has ever made a bad scent (that is a scent I personally actively dislike) that I have had. This one not my fav, but utterly wearable. A civilized leather. Maybe too civilized.

JAÏPUR ( EdP issue ) is a great spicy perfume. The notes, as per FRAGRANTICA, are : top notes lime, bergamot, cardamom and lemon; middle notes are carnation, cinnamon, jasmine and rose; base notes are tonka bean, patchouli, benzoin and cedar.
i can detect some of them and in the drydown a very smooth patchouli note. :thumbup1:

I'm not sure I'd say more than the sum of the parts - in fact I didn't really get much citrus in the top. I've had it on about 8-9 hours so far - good sillage and appears pretty good longevity. It's pretty linear and pretty much almonds on a slightly sweet, creamy sandalwood base. I've seen some comparisons to "higer quality" JPG Le Male on line. I've never tried Le Male so I can't comment to that, but it reminds me of a higher quality Lolita Lempicka au Masculine but instead of Good n Plenty, this is Jordan Almonds. Hope that description doesn't come across as negative, I really like this one.

:thumbup1: Great write up.

How does balmy smell?
I would say "warm and comforting". The "smokey" "woody" accords are warm and comforting as though you are sitting over burning aromatic wood or inscence. Opposed to the sour smell of drenched ashes.

proxy.php

Main Accords: balmy, smokey, woody, herbal, fresh spicy

balmy:

Balmy describes something that is moderate and pleasant. (adjective)
An example of balmy weather is a beautiful day at the beach.
Balmy describes something that is soothing and pleasant feeling, often medicinal. (adjective)

Last edited:
JAÏPUR ( EdP issue ) is a great spicy perfume. The notes, as per FRAGRANTICA, are : top notes lime, bergamot, cardamom and lemon; middle notes are carnation, cinnamon, jasmine and rose; base notes are tonka bean, patchouli, benzoin and cedar.
i can detect some of them and in the drydown a very smooth patchouli note. :thumbup1:

<i can detect some of them >

I am with you there. Well-married materials. Hard to pick out individual notes, but I don't think I am getting much cardamom, cinnamon, or cedar. Carnation and rose in the middle are classic, and I sure smell jasmine, which I think is really taking that combination to the east. And heck yeah a nice patchouli in the bottom keeping it solidly oriental.

Looking over the various notes on the net, it appears that I am not the only one who likes the edt a bit better. But it is darn hard to get separate reviews for the edp and the edt.

Annick Mernado, of Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin (2000), Bulgari "Black" (1996), and Le Labo "Patchouli 24" (2004). Jaipur Hommer was 1997. Facinatingly creative last years of the 90s for Ms. Mernado.

Some reviews seem to say big vanilla and others even licorce in Jaipur. That would fit with Lolita Lempicka, but I don't think they are there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom