What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
:scared: ...backs away, slowly...

Ha! You are at least 200 mi away, so you are probably safe. I actually get complements on it. Much more floral than funk/cat pee on my skin. I think this is one that reacts/projects very differently with different skin chemistry. I also find fragrances with lots of civet, like Kouros and Citrus Paradisi are more wearable on me than they seem to be on others. My dearly departed granddad also wore the Veg all the time, so it really brings back very, very fond memories of childhood times with him.

Les Nez
Turtle Vetiver Front No. 2
proxy.php

by
Isabelle Doyen

Yes, Bill, I haven't worn it yet, so please let us know what you think. I for one love the coconut/vetiver combination out of the bottle!

Coromandel
by Chanel

jasmine, patchouli, woody notes, amber, benzoin, and frankincense

What an amazing scent! The patchouli note outpaces the jasmine right out of the gate but is quickly run down by amber and benzoin to give it a silky smooth feel much in the way that iris does to the leather in PG's Cuir d'Iris. I'm not a patchouli fan (but I play one on TV) but I do love what it can do as a supporting role. At first sniff you'd think this was a patchouli frag in line with l'Artisan's Patchouli Patch or Bois 1920's Patchouly but it's merely a top/middle note. Coromandel is all about the interplay of patchouli with the other ingredients and I gotta say the end result is fantastic. This is a fragrance that only gets better as the day wears on - and the longevity is just as good.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Last edited:
Looks interesting, Bill - isn't this a new release? I would love to hear your opinion.

Lee, it is a new release. This is my first wearing, but I really like it. It's a good earthy vetiver. The coconut is subtly noticeable and gives it a bit of complexity I wasn't expecting. We'll see how it wears overall, but I'm enjoying it so far!

Yes, Bill, I haven't worn it yet, so please let us know what you think. I for one love the coconut/vetiver combination out of the bottle!

I was under the impression, this vetiver was VERY minimally blended, Im stunned to hear there is a coconut note.

Woke up feeling lousy...4711 was the scent of the day. My 5 year old daughter said it best when she called it "happy juice." It just makes me feel better when I smell it.

Creed Selection Verte

What kind of longevity are people getting out of this?

I know I get a solid four hours with no problem, it likely lasts a bit longer, but not to my nose. I have decided that it is a perfect scent for those days when you know you will be putting something else on later, or for those days when you want something to revel in after returning from a long day at work.

Even though it seems like it is bright, and full of energy, I actually find it somewhat relaxing. Not in some meditative sense, but more along the lines of an escape. During warmer months I find a couple of strong pina coladas will do the same thing, but requires a bit more planning to be responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom