Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Main Accords:
RMW - woody, powdery, fresh spicy, earthy, balmy, floral
ODCV - citrus, fresh spicy, woody, green, herbal

Last edited:
That is an amazing picture. Is it an illustration from the Divine Comedy?

...and yes, Dabur's sandalwood oil is, truly, heaven.

Yes, it's one of the original illustrations for the Divine Comedy done by Gustave Dore in 1867.

As much as I enjoyed wearing oud oils the past few weeks, nothing beats the immense pleasure I get from pure sandalwood oil. And by comparison it's far cheaper, too.

For the most part probably an over looked fragrance. The beauty of this Vetiver is that it is light, subtle, and because so I do have to over apply, but is well worth the effort, as the Vetiver note is so well balanced with the notes that accompany this, and in no way detract whatsoever from the entire composition. I will give this fragrance It;s due respect, as I think it is a lovely well blended fragrance, that was blended with a clear cut sense of direction. I consider this fragrance to be a well hidden gem.

$SOTD 001.jpg

Turns out you are correct, as far as I know. What I was wearing today turns out to be 1980s era EDT. I did not seem to be able to find any current EDT to compare. I did find some vintage EDC.

Going by recollection, the current EDT is somewhere in between this vintage EDC and vintage EDT, along with a rather well-known reformulation, I suppose. The vintage EDT seems fairly sweet and tpo have a "heaviness" I associate with EDPs. Good tenacity. The EDC seems to be more top notes, not as sweet, and while it did not disappear by any means is wearing close on the skin on my forearm, whereas the EDT is prominent and rather linear.

I should read labels before I start writing!

I would be very interested in an edp strength should Guerlain ever do it. My bottle is an old formulation. This is what it looks like.

Attachments

• $images.jpg
    $images.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 66
proxy.php

Marescialla
Santa Maria Novella

I'll never understand this EDC thing. Marescialla starts as one of those old apothecary preparations, like a big bundle if fresh green aromatic herbs and then it settles to most beautiful herbal moss I could imagine. Moss stays there for days. Almost compels you to reuse it.

Dabur Sandalwood

Heaven.

proxy.php

I agree. Great picture. Sandalwood is pretty spiritual, eh?

I would be very interested in an edp strength should Guerlain ever do it. My bottle is an old formulation. This is what it looks like.

I like that bottle better than the current one. That bottle is pretty much the Habit Rouge bottle. Many think the vintage version is much better than the current version. I agree it is different, but both are excellent!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom