What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyara Koutan
by Oriscent

I feel lucky enough to vaguely understand what was meant when the description of this said it was geographically unplaceable but if I had to guess I'd say it's more Indian than anything else. Not because there's any stink to it but because there's a slight animal vibe to it, leathery a bit, but mostly animalic in a warm hide kind of way. Resinous, woody, and even a touch fruity. The vapory petrol note I get in a lot of oud oils is considerably toned down in this one. I kinda like that note but must admit that a lack of it helps the other notes stand out more, making this that much more appreciable.

proxy.php

T&H West Indian Limes

It's Mardi Gras, what the heck. Went with the tripple whammy of cream, balm, and EdT all leftover from the sampler. The kids think I smell great.

I wasn't aware that Vetiver came in an edp strength.

Turns out you are correct, as far as I know. What I was wearing today turns out to be 1980s era EDT. I did not seem to be able to find any current EDT to compare. I did find some vintage EDC.

Going by recollection, the current EDT is somewhere in between this vintage EDC and vintage EDT, along with a rather well-known reformulation, I suppose. The vintage EDT seems fairly sweet and tpo have a "heaviness" I associate with EDPs. Good tenacity. The EDC seems to be more top notes, not as sweet, and while it did not disappear by any means is wearing close on the skin on my forearm, whereas the EDT is prominent and rather linear.

I should read labels before I start writing!

Endymion.

I gave SWMBO a hug and she stepped back and said, "what is that?" I told her and she said, "that's one of the good ones."

All righty then. One of the good ones. :thumbup1:

This is the only scent my wife wants me to wear. Period. She can't get enough of it and I used to feel the same way...now I only wear it for her benefit. In fact just the other day, she heard me spraying away in our walk-in closet and asked if I was wearing Endymion. I told her, "English Fern." She wasn't too amused...then I stepped out and she caught a whiff. She thought I was joking and her lack of amusement quickly changed to outright rage, haha!

Today, I'm sampling YSL L'homme. I have a 100ml bottle of La Nuit and so far this sample wear of the original is reassurance that I made the right choice between the two. The similarities are unmistakeable, but where La Nuit hits the ground running and doesn't stop, L'homme has pretty much fizzled out after about three hours on my skin. Consider me underwhelmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom