What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Odori Tobacco

Sicilian bitter orange, Somalian incense, Chinese eucalyptus, Egyptian jasmine, Haitian vetiver, Madagascar vanilla, oak moss, tobacco leaves

Still the best tobacco fragrance ever - in my opinion. Rich but not overly aromatic. It smells like tobacco and it smells like pipe tobacco but not like vanilla and not overly sweet. It's Tobacco.

proxy.php

I've gotten a bit behind here over the long holoday weekend. . .

Saturday - Costume National Homme - Very, very huge silage and longevity. Brief citrus in opening then huge plum/currant spice tobacco heart.

Sunday - Crown ESS Bouquet by Crown Perfumery (one of the Mrs. Christmas gifts, but of course I had to test it for "quality" first :wink2:) - Very unisex and classic composition with bright, sour citrus to open followed by lots of herbal - thyme, basil, sage - and lavender. Reminds me of Eau du Sud by Annick Goutal, but with more lavender and a rose note too.

Monday - Bazaar by Profumo. Fantastically lush incense/wood resin based fragrance in the same vein as Mecca Balsam, but sweeter with more herbal, fruity (orange), and spice notes to my nose.

Christmas day - Fille en Aiguilles by Serge Lutens. Great Christmas frag, mixing strong notes of pine, balsam, and fir with sweet notes of candied fruit.

Today - Needed an olfactory retreat into a simple, well-known and comfortable place. . .Pinaud Clubman.

Whoa- that stuff is muy expensivo!

I wore Amouage Tribute Attar again today. It was a Christmas present from my wife. I must have been a good boy this year. I absolutely love it as it combines several of my favorite fragrance notes. It opens with a great, smoky blast of Omani frankincense and rose, with undercurrents of saffron, jasmine, leather and tobacco. When wearing it, I feel like I am reclining on an opulent couch in a Middle Eastern royal tent. It is a crystal clear desert evening and I'm surrounded by a bevy of harem girls. The air is heavy with flowers and exotic spices, with smoke wafting from the hookah. It is one of two fragrances that make me feel like royallty while wearing it, Creed Windsor being the other. However, where Windsor makes me feel a more haughty, aloof royal, with Tribute Attar, I am a hedonistic royal out for an indulgent night of play. Glorious!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom