What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
DC 1913

My oldest child graduated from college today, so I went with one of my favorites. Like his father, he is now a Buckeye.

D&G "The One"...bottle I picked up to replace the Acqua di Gio I'm nearly out of (only have 1 "fancy" bottle at a time). I really like it. After thinking about it today, I think of a woodsy chocolate caramel aroma. yum.

proxy.php

Mol, the Rance is a very nice, soft scent. It's got a fairly modern acquatic feel to it in my mind because of the watermelon and citrus. As it dries down, the woody notes emerge. It's worth a flier on a decant. If you are interested, I can make you a decant for the cost of shipping...

Today:

$nd.98.jpg
The Drydown on this fragrance is incredible
a must try for leather fans.

From Fragrantica Website:

Cuir de Russie, or Russian leather was a theme modern at the end of the 19th century. Many perfume houses were creating perfumes for women who smoked cigarettes. Today exclusive, Chanel's Cuir de Russie was created in 1924. The fragrance is provocative and shocking, and that exactly was its purpose, because it was created for a woman who dared to smoke cigarettes in public. It was a kind of encouragement and approval, because at that time a woman who smoked was a scandalous and inconceivable symbol of emancipation.
The composition starts with aldehydes moderated by mild nectar of classical trio – rose, jasmine and ylang-ylang. The ending comes as smoky, animalistic note of dark leather. The main notes are: orange blossom, bergamot, mandarin, sage, iris, jasmine, rose, ylang-ylang, cedarwood, vetiver, styrax, leather, amber and vanilla.
The nose behind this fragrance is Ernest Beaux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom