What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
$SOTD 001.jpg

Aoud
by Roja Dove

aoud, rose, jasmine, leather

I know there are a lot of rose-aoud frags out there and even more synthetic aoud frags but this one still feels good to wear. I picked up the leather notes much better this time than I have in the past and I still swear there's some saffron in this but the rose is not as rose-y as a rose-aoud frag usually is. I wouldn't even say the jasmine is that prominent, yet they are both fairly prominent in this one. While definitely a westernized oud, I still like this one tremendously. It smells wonderful (unisex) yet dignified without smelling trashy, rubbery, or outlandishly synthetic. I'd take this over any Montale.

proxy.php

Odd combination you say? Well, it was unintentional. Neither of these frags come with atomizers so I apply both from Flo travel atomizers. I grabbed Revolution by mistake this morning and didn't realize it until after I had already taken a couple shots so I took a couple additional shots of Moonshine to take the edge off. I didn't find the combo all that bad, but I don't know how much my colleagues liked it, but I wasn't sent home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom