Not open for further replies.
Saturday - Diorella (vintage)

Sunday - Floris Elite

Monday - Trumpers Extract of West Indian Limes

Today - Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

proxy.php

Ambre Dore
by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier

styrax, geranium, clary sage, coriander, saffron, sandalwood, vetiver, myrrh, amber, oud

I wore this two days in a row just to be sure, but it's not for me. It smells remarkably similar to Cuir Fetiche in that they both have a vintage appeal but where CF has a more floral leather combination this one has a sweet powdery leather combination. At times I like it but most of the time I'm just not impressed. For me I think it's because I actually prefer my ambers on the spicy but dry side, perhaps a little animalic, like Goutal's Ambre Fetiche. Similarly, I like my ouds pretty much straight up or mixed into mukhallats (yes, I confess, I think I'm becoming a bit of an oud snob). But seriously I never really did care for Tom Ford's Oud Wood except that I liked it's peculiarity - I do however like M7 so I do have that to my credit. In Ambre Dore, the amber and oud really just come together in a sweet melange - there's some leather to it, the amber is obvious, but my mind is quickly trying to pull them apart and keep them separated. For all I know, it's the myrrh that's ruining it for me and not the amber or oud at all. Oh well, I think I might be the only one that isn't jumping out of my seat for this one.

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom