What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

$Elsha 001.jpg

A leather fragrance that more times than not will garner very little if any notice. Opens with a most noticeable, and distinct Birch tar leather note combined with a touch of for lack of a better word A smoky musk, which is rather aristocratic in It's appearance, and presentation. The heart of this fragrance carries both the Birch tar note, and musk notes, but than manages to combine a hint of at least to my nose smells like cinnamon. These notes combined, and form a most compelling accord which only mellows on the dry-down. At that point this fragrance not only refuses to give up It's top notes, but adds to the overall composition a hint of a well blended, and complex smokey accord which ties this fragrance together in a manner that gives one the feeling of being in a by-gone era. A well blended leather fragrance that never fails to satisfy. Well worth a hard look....IMHO

Last edited:
View attachment 276937

A leather fragrance that more times than not will garner very little if any notice. Opens with a most noticeable, and distinct Birch tar leather note combined with a touch of for lack of a better word A smokey musk, which is rather aristocratic in It's appearance, and presentation. The heart of this fragrance carries both the Birch tar note, and musk notes, but than manages to combine a hint of at least to my nose smells like cinnamon. These notes combined, and form a most compelling accord which only mellows on the dry-down. At that point this fragrance not only refuses to give up It's top notes, but adds to the overall composition a hint of a well blended, and complex smokey accord which ties this fragrance together in a manner that gives one the feeling of being in a by-gone era. A well blended leather fragrance that never fails to satisfy. Well worth a hard look....IMHO

Please make sure that Elsha and Sampters credit you - you just sold at least one bottle :)

Tonight, By Kilian Back to Black. Not what I expected at all. Honey and baby powder. Only. No thanks.

Interesting, I don't get powder at all. When I concentrate it smells like honey and chamomile tea, when I don't I get pipe tobacco. Love this one.

+1 - I have heard others make the baby powder comment but for me it's pretty much honey + tobacco. I dig it.

I was pretty surprised by Back to Black. I expected a sweeter version of Tm Ford Tobacco Vanille, but that's not at all what I got. (I've ordered a sample of Serge Lutens Chergui, and I'm interested to see how it compares.)

Honestly, any time I don't like a pricey one like this is ok by me.

I was pretty surprised by Back to Black. I expected a sweeter version of Tm Ford Tobacco Vanille, but that's not at all what I got. (I've ordered a sample of Serge Lutens Chergui, and I'm interested to see how it compares.)

I haven't tried TFTV. I like the other two.

The By Kilians aren't that pricey (relatively speaking - and not so long agon I would have thought $2+/ml was outrageous) if you don't want their containers. The travel refills are 30ml for $75. 30 ml is a great size for me (if anything too much). And it comes in 4 bottles so you can easily split it if you want.

I'm stoked you are coming around on the tobacco frag thing. You must try Odori Tabacco and I hope you ordered Fumerie Turque too. :thumbup:

I dare say give BtB another wearing or two before you sign it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom