What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hutan Kalimantan
by Agar Aura

This is the new mukhallat that blends Borneo oud with three different kinds of vetivers and oakmoss, including some Ravensmore (it's a plant, I had to look it up), ginger, and Lignum vitae. I was very excited to see an out blend with vetiver and oakmoss, not doubt about it, but I wish the vetiver were more prominent. With three vetivers, no doubt, I thought especially it would be more obvious, but my guess is that with an oud-based scent on an oud-based website that features oud, oud, oud - oud will always be the dominant note. HK opens with a very obvious oakmoss note backed by oud and a trace of vetiver. I love the opening, actually, it's very green, and the oakmoss lasts for about 30 minutes before the oud really takes over. It's a clean, light, and airy oud that lasts all day with a whisper of vetiver in the background. It wasn't until nearly the end of the day before I really noticed vetiver coming out, but it's still not as pungent as I'd hoped for. All in all I'm still really enthused about this scent and think a few more wearings are in order to fully understand it. I might even layer it with some ruh khus if necessary, seems a good match.

proxy.php

L'Anarchiste by Caron- liked it but fleeting
Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée by Chanel- also liked, but also fleeting

I've been wearing this a lot lately and am really digging it...

$TOB15M.jpg

Rich pepper and woods. So good I bought the aftershave and the Hair & Body Shampoo!

proxy.php
proxy.php

Accords: citrus, soft spicy, floral, earthy, warm spicy

Top: Essence of Wool, Raspberry Leaves, Bergamot, Sicilian Lemon
Middle: Iris Water, Magnolia,Cardamom, Anise
Base: Cedar, Vetiver, White Moss, Ambrette Seeds

Cashmere Twill opens very bright and refreshing with fruiit and florals for about 30 minutes before it becomes a candy shop filled with sweet lemondrops and licorice. After 2-3 hours the frag takes on an astrigent yet soapy vibe which is really quite nice, lasting another 6-7 hours. I had rated this neutral from a scent srtrip earlier in the year and I think I will keep it at that. 2-3 hours is a long time to wait for a frag to become enjoyable and there are other frags like AdP which offer a similar soapy vibe without the wait.

Summer Ending Niche Week
Maison Francis Kurkdjian Aqua Universalis (2009) - Monday
CB I Hate Perfume Mr. Hulot’s Holiday (2005) - Tuesday
Diptyque Philosykos (1996) - Wednesday
L'Artisan Fleur de Liane (2008) - Thursday
Acqua di Biella Cashmere Twill (2008) - Friday

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom