What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vetiver
by Santa Maria Novella

This reminds me a lot of Floris Vetiver, of all things, and I kept asking myself all day if this is a vetiver I like or not. In the end I decided it's not my favorite vetiver but I do appreciate the style. It opens with a blast of citrus and a dry earthy vetiver note but there's a powdery vibe that is not quite iris but something else, that appears like someone trying to cut in on your dance. I kept asking myself if it was ok but I was never really sure. I've read that it's like rosewood that is giving it that note, and it makes sense, actually. There was also a bit of patchouli in it, I think, or something giving it a warm resonant vibe a bit deeper than vetiver usually does on its own. In all, this is a very unique vetiver, very dry, but has a little awkwardness that is not entirely appealing. There are myriad vetivers I'd choose over this one, to be honest (with myself).

proxy.php

Happy anniversary, Marc.

For me today, Jicky PdT (sp?).

I agree with Chandos that the SMN Vetiver is not very appealing. Maybe it is just that it is an old formula created before folks really got the hang of vetiver.

Last edited:
Had to find a clear spot to test a newly arrived decant of Amouage Interlude Man. It is described as a spicy woody scent with the following notes:

Bergamot, Oregano, Pimento Berry Oil, Amber, Frankincense, Cistus, Opoponax, Leather, Agarwood Smoke, Patchouli, Sandalwood

The opening is definitely driven by the spice. I get thePimento, the oregano and the amber very nicely. I'm looking forward to the drydown, and to giving it a full wearing soon!

Acqua Di Parma Colonia Assoluta......it has been raining everyday and the closeness makes this cologne really stand out with the spicy scent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom