What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today Im trying out my He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood that came in the mail Saturday evening. LUVIN IT!

$he_wood_rocky_mountain_wood_by_97lessi-d572imt.jpg

proxy.php
proxy.php

Accords: citrus, fresh spicy, herbal, floral, musky
Notes: amalfi lemon, lime, lavender, musk, black pepper, pine

Very bright and crisp citrus opening which lasts for 5-10 minutes. Drydown is pretty much a dirty lavender for the first hour before the musky pine and pepper begin their appearance. Turns a little powdery after 6-8 hours, but by then the frag has been reduced to a skin scent.

Blenheim Bouquet is a pretty good frag even with the powdery ending, but I like Borsari Acqua Classica much better. And it isn't just because Borsari can be had for 1/4 the cost of Blenheim Bouquet either or because Borsari doesn't turn powdery. I also like how the citrus lasts with Borsari and I like the spicy sandalwood a little more than the musky pine and pepper.

Frag Week 31
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet (1902) - Monday
Thierry Mugler Cologne (2001) - Tuesday
L'Artisan Dzongkha (2006) - Wednesday
Acqua di Parma Essenza di Colonia (2010) - Thursday
Prada Amber (2006) - Friday
Prada Amber Intense (2011) - Saturday

Last edited:
Antæus (Vintage)

Sorry to have been a bit scarce on this thread lately. I have been using some nice scents, about which, frankly, it has taken me some time to gather my thoughts. Not sure I have really gathered my thoughts yet, but thought I should post something!

I generally hate to praise discontinued and/or vintage scents--vintage scents are a slippery slope, and I hate to encourage that kind of obsession. But I will say that vintage Antæus really delivers. Big and masculine. Who could ask for more!

d'Orsay Arome 3--Wow this is good. A very green lavender. This kind of scent just grabs me. I so much am enjoying this one. Fougere family for sure.

Clive Christian "C" and "X" for men. These are really good. They smell of high quality ingrediants, are complex and interesting, and have excellent tenacity. They are silly expensive, and for that reason I cannot recommend them. Do not even really want to think about them, too much, for the same reason! <g> But I can also not deny that they are nice scents.

Robert Piquiet "Notes" and "Bois Noir," both created by Aurelien Guichard. Very recently released. I keep thinking that I should love these. Event that they should blow me away! But I seem to put one or the other on, and they each smell good then, and then I cannot seem to remember to sniff them on my skin and think about them some more. I need to focus! Still not all that great a sign.

Last week I was in Virginia Beach on vacation. My travel set-up was: Rotated: 1. Number Six by Caswell-Massey; 2. Vetiver by Annick Goutal; and 3. Esplosivo by Tonino Lamborghini

Today (back home): Saint Charles Shave "Mediterranean Citrus"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom