Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Accords: citrus, marine, mossy, earthy, fresh spicy

Top: bergamot, amalfi lemon, mandarin
Middle: Salty sea accord, Sea weed
Base: oakmoss, wood

The most realistic smell of "ocean air" that I have found. Good projection for an hour or two, then it becomes a linear skin scent for another 6 hours or so. Delivers a fresh ocean air vibe before it turns into a skin scent, then it becomes more like dead calm seawater. Another one of those frags which does a good job at delivering the scent, but leaves me wondering if I really want to smell like this.

Summer Fresh Aquatics
Carthusia Uomo (2004) - Sunday
Henrik Vibskov Type C (2011) - Monday
HEELEY Sel Marin (2008) - Tuesday
Cereus No. 4 (2007) - Wednesday
Cereus No. 7 (2007) - Thursday
Farmacia SS. Annunziata dal 1561 Hyle (2009) - Friday
Hilde Soliani Acquiilssssima (2011) - Saturday

Others:
Olivier Durbano Turquoise (2009) - 5/23/2012
Profumum Acqua di Sale (2008) - 7/09/2012

Last edited:
Cuir Cordoba
by Keiko Mecheri

black violet, bergamot, elemi, suede accord, patchouli, sandalwood, benzoin

This affects me in many strange ways and I'm not sure if I like it or not. Cordoba is a town in the south of Spain, in Andalusia, actually. Cordovan leather is a very unique leather developed by the Moors out of horse hide that is prized for its durability and used predominantly in the manufacture of shoes but also in other ways such as saddles, bags, and furniture. In essence, it is part of the legacy of spanish leathers in a very refined and polite way. Due to the associations with spanish leather and the Moors, I expected this to be a rather dry and spicy leather but instead it's a sweet leather that evokes that impression you get when you approach the beauty section of a department store. You know, that onslaught of thousands of fragrances and cosmetics that hits you like wall. It smells good, actually, I kind of like it, but it's a motley pool of scents. Cuir Cordoba kinda has that "wall of smells" effect on me but with a somewhat peppery note and a sweet leather note. To that end, I find this to be a rather fantastic fragrance that evokes the notes listed and yet I'm not entirely sold on it. To me it smells like something best worn by a woman even though I think this is very much unisex. I'm sure it has something to do with the association with the department stores. The opening is very strong but settles quickly, the sillage is moderate and longevity very good. Overall, I'll give it a thumbs up for sure and think about what I should do with the other thumb.

proxy.php
d

Last edited:
Creed _ Green Irish Tweed and that stunning Black Bottle seems to call my name some mornings.....thanks to Randy, The Enabler.

I know, I know. Sorry fellas. "Life" happened and got crazy a few months ago. My sudden disappearance was not intentional. I'll try to swing by more often. I certainly miss you guys!

We were worried sick about you. You don't call, you don't write. . .

Oh, and Amouage Ciel Man today. My sample is running low.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Accords: marine, citrus, woody, green, leather

Top: amalfi lemon, bergamot
Middle: sea water, salt, green notes
Base: birch, virginia cedar, vetiver

Citrus opening is short-live and within 15-30 vetiver and saltwater come forward. After an hour, the vetiver has been replaced with woods. Another hour later the saltwater has faded and left behind a light woody frag which lasts another 6 hours. I am on the fence about these woody aquatics. I guess they have there place, but I cannot see making them an everyday frag. At least this one has a more realistic marine note with saltwater as opposed to a swimming pool note like most designer auquatics. HEELEY Sel Marin may be nice to where on a day at the wharf.

Summer Fresh Aquatics
Carthusia Uomo (2004) - Sunday
Henrik Vibskov Type C (2011) - Monday
HEELEY Sel Marin (2008) - Tuesday
Cereus No. 4 (2007) - Wednesday
Cereus No. 7 (2007) - Thursday
Farmacia SS. Annunziata dal 1561 Hyle (2009) - Friday
Hilde Soliani Acquiilssssima (2011) - Saturday

Others:
Olivier Durbano Turquoise (2009) - 5/23/2012
Profumum Acqua di Sale (2008) - 7/09/2012

Last edited:
Cuir Cordoba
by Keiko Mecheri

black violet, bergamot, elemi, suede accord, patchouli, sandalwood, benzoin

This affects me in many strange ways and I'm not sure if I like it or not. Cordoba is a town in the south of Spain, in Andalusia, actually. Cordovan leather is a very unique leather developed by the Moors out of horse hide that is prized for its durability and used predominantly in the manufacture of shoes but also in other ways such as saddles, bags, and furniture. In essence, it is part of the legacy of spanish leathers in a very refined and polite way. Due to the associations with spanish leather and the Moors, I expected this to be a rather dry and spicy leather but instead it's a sweet leather that evokes that impression you get when you approach the beauty section of a department store. You know, that onslaught of thousands of fragrances and cosmetics that hits you like wall. It smells good, actually, I kind of like it, but it's a motley pool of scents. Cuir Cordoba kinda has that "wall of smells" effect on me but with a somewhat peppery note and a sweet leather note. To that end, I find this to be a rather fantastic fragrance that evokes the notes listed and yet I'm not entirely sold on it. To me it smells like something best worn by a woman even though I think this is very much unisex. I'm sure it has something to do with the association with the department stores. The opening is very strong but settles quickly, the sillage is moderate and longevity very good. Overall, I'll give it a thumbs up for sure and think about what I should do with the other thumb.

proxy.php
d

Excellent run down as always Chris. To me this one is falls inline with the Knize 10 / Cuir Mauresque family but more floral and feminine. It's a good scent, but doesn't bring anything to the table that K10 or the Lutens doesn't. It's definitely better than their newer exclusive Cuir Fauve...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom