What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

(Vintage)

Tim = THE MAN

Incorrect sir. That title belongs to several other gents that frequent this board, but thanks!

I know, I know. Sorry fellas. "Life" happened and got crazy a few months ago. My sudden disappearance was not intentional. I'll try to swing by more often. I certainly miss you guys!

Yes, great to see you back here, Tim. Did you come bearing Odori Tabacco gifts? :wink2:

Thank you for the feedback Rob., I am relatively new to SMN. A difficult fragrance Indeed. I have SMN Cuba on stanby., mabe monday.

Regards

SMN Acqua di Cuba! That is one to look forward to, methinks. A unique scent. Should be fun even if you do not like it. I like it a lot, if that matters! You are not taking the beginners path through SMN!

Welcome the heck back, Tim!

proxy.php

Accords: Fresh Spicy, Citrus, Woody, Green, Warm Spicy

Top: Lemon Leaf, Tamarind, Bergamot
Middle: Nutmeg, White Pepper, Cardamom, Violet
Base: Musk, Cedar, Amber

Lalique White opens with one of the most fantastic blasts of fresh citrus. Within the first 10 minutes the initial blast of citrus settles down allowing the creaminess of tamarind and the bitterness of bergamot to come through and for a few minutes at this stage it almost reminds me of Hermes Contentre d'Orange Vert. After 15 minutes white pepper leads the spices to the stage and so far, for the first 30 minutes, there has been nothing not to love about this frag. It is this opening that I really love about Lalique White, but I didn't realize that until now when I actually sat down and closely followed the development. After 30 minutes the cedar begins to show in the form of pencil shavings and this is like ***? Within the first hour the cedar and violet have transformed this frag into a cheap air freshener which holds on for a couple hours before the frag has completely disappeared from my skin.

Lalique White it quite unique, but I have decided that as much as I love the first half hour, it just isn't worth suffering through the cheap air freshener which follows and so I don't think I will be wearing this much. I own so many frags which I enjoy through all phases of their developement and which last much longer that this has just been moved near the bottom of the pile.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom