What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Another one "borrowed" from the Mrs.

$Capture.JPG

Guerlain Chamade (1969 vintage EdC)

Per Fragrantica - Chamade was created by Paul Guerlain in 1969, and it was inspired by the Francoise Sagan's novel “La Chamade”. In the time of Napoleon, ‘chamade’ was a very fast drumbeat that called to retreat. This perfume is meant to emulate the heavy heartbeat of a person in love and its fragrance is based on hyacinth, heavy and green, and blackcurrant that can be sensed through the oily hyacinth richness. The main notes are Turkish rose, ylang-ylang, jasmine, lilac, blackcurrant buds, lily of the valley, galbanum, sandalwood, vetiver, musk, amber, iris, and Tonka bean.

Really lovely and sublime stuff. This is marketed as a feminine fragrance (and there is a masculine version, which I have not tried), but in my estimation veers toward the feminine side of potentially uni. (Hey, I'm wearing it. . .)

Last edited:
proxy.php

Accords: Citrus, Woody, Rose, Floral, Balmy
Notes: Citruses, Geranium, Sandalwood, Oak, Musk

I really like this frag with its peppery woods and citrus overtones, very inoffensive. Borsari Acqua Classica opens with a splash of fresh lemons and oranges. The citrus settles down somewhat in the drydown then the woods and pepper come forward and remain prominent for 6-8 hours.

Frag Week 25
Hermes Un Jardin en Mediterranee (2003) - Monday
Acqua Di Parma Colonia Assoluta (2003) - Tuesday
Borsari Acqua Classica (1870) - Wednesday
D R Harris Windsor (2012) - Thursday
Annick Goutal Eau de Sud (1996) - Friday
Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia Concentrada (1912) - Saturday

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom