What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Top: cinamon, aldehydes, pepper, bergamot, lavender, tarragon, lemon
Middle: pine tree needles, carnation, sage, jasmine, nasturgia, rose
Base: leather, oakmoss, patchouli, insence, sandalwood, cedar, vanilla, labdanum, ambergris

proxy.php

Top: Cinnamon, Lavender, Orange, Mandarin, Pepper
Middle: Jasmine, Sage, Rose, Pine needles
Base: Incense, Leather, Sandalwood, Cedar

I really like both of these frags and I cannot really tell them apart as far as the scent, but I got better projection and longevity from the new Montana Black in my side-by-side test today. After a couple hours the Montana Red seemed to fade in and out and was completely gone after 4 hours, but Montana Black lasted 6 hours and provided a constant projection for more than 4 hours before it began to fade. I like the spicy citrus, woodsy incense and soapy leather vibe. A special thanks to Matt555 and Archerfire for convincing me to try Montana Red and thanks to Montana for offering us a wonderful replacement for this discontinued frag.

proxy.php

Accords: Woody, Green, Fresh Spicy, Citrus, Balmy

Top: Lemon, Bergamot, Mandarin Orange
Middle: Orange Blossom, White Nerium Oleander
Base: Fig Leaf, Red Cedar, Cypress, Pistachio, Musk

Bitter greens and citrus over a synthetic aquatic note. Opening was very bitter and harsh, but drydown wasn't too bad while it lasted. After 4 hours all that remains is a synthetic aquatic note which lingers for another hour or so. Lasts all day on clothing, but does not develop like it does on the skin and this one needs that developement to bury the harsh top notes.

Frag Week 25
Hermes Un Jardin en Mediterranee (2003) - Monday
Acqua Di Parma Colonia Assoluta (2003) - Tuesday
Borsari Acqua Classica (1870) - Wednesday
D R Harris Windsor (2012) - Thursday
Annick Goutal Eau de Sud (1996) - Friday

Last edited:
Ooo La La! How is this Ivan?

Took me quite a long time to decide and pull the trigger on Papyrus de Ciane. Thing is PdC gives totally different picture on the paper that it does on the skin. On paper I get weak watery and bitter something that I can hardly even detect next minute. On the skin it gives a beautiful and fresh galbanum-neroli-broom start, followed by spicy velvety and green note. The greenest I’ve tried so far. Broom is my favorite flower scent of them all and it still didn’t make me decide. Funny, it was the musk (musk/silvanone?). I used to hate musk; I’m not very fond of neroli either. I don’t even know why, but this IS one of the best fresh scents I’ve tried so far. Light and present. It is a liiitle soapy (clove, lavender) in the heart. The last stage, when musk mellows down and only a sort of powdery and amplified skin scent remains, I find very beautiful.
Sillage, I don’t know. Longevity is more than decent, 10-12 hours minimum on my skin. Of that, at least hour – hour and a half of the greenest fresh constantly changing scent. I think that this is not necessarily a warm weather scent. SMN’s Ginestra is much more ‘broomy’ than this one but at the same time it has much shorter longevity and floweriness of it makes me feel like it’s a girly scent. It’s very good too but I’d choose PdC over Ginestra anytime. Another SMN would have looked better in my collection though.

Papyrus de Ciane notes (from basenotes)
Top: bergamot, galbanum, neroli, broom, solar notes, lavender
Middle: mugwort, clove, incense, cistus labdanum, hedione
Base: vetiver, mousse de saxe, silvanone, white musk.

H pour homes (Houbigant) Lavande 90° EDC.

proxy.php

The bottle had no atomizer so I thought what a heck. I applied this one as would apply any splash on. Abundantly.
Starts as fresh and rooty lavender, has maybe some cardamom in it; in a minute it transforms in a lavender/apricot candy combination. Nice, retro and manly. Familiar from somewhere. Lasts about 20 minutes. Most of it apricot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom