What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diorella
by Dior

Lemon, basil, bergamot, melon, green note; Peach, honeysuckle, jasmine, rose, cyclamen; Oakmoss, vetiver, patchouli, musk

Diorella is to Eau Sauvage what Vetiver pour elle is to Guerlain Vetiver. I was surprised by the opening notes, which was so familiar until I realized it smelled just like Eau Sauvage, but not long after figuring that out, Diorella takes a slightly floral & musk direction. The drydown is a very green chypre recalling Profumo, Givenchy III, Heure Exquise, or even Chanel 19. The transformations from opening to close are amazing, fun, and superbly constructed. Diorella is a masterpiece and quite possibly the coolest chypre I've ever experienced. I just wish I knew whether this was vintage or reformulation.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Accords: Woody, Fresh Spicy, Leather, Patchouli, Animalic
Notes: Black Pepper, Tobacco, Leather, Gin, Patchouli

I really love this one! Too bad it is only available in 100ml. A wonderful set of notes which combined give the image of burlap sacks and dry wood. The black pepper is quite pronounced and I believe this aids in the interpretation of burlap. I only got 3-4 hours on my skin with first sampling, but this morning after allowing the initial spray to dry I added another layering and the frag did not begin to fade until after 6 hours. As usual, this frag lasts all day if applied to clothing instead of the skin.

Indie Scents Week
Smell Bent Saddle Warmer (2009) - Monday
Smell Bent Debonair (2009) - Tuesday
Lisa Kirk Revolution (2010) - Wednesday
Eastwest Bottlers Moonshine (2011) - Thursday
Dawn Spencer Hurwitz Hand of Buddha (2011) - Friday

Last edited:
Diorella
by Dior

Lemon, basil, bergamot, melon, green note; Peach, honeysuckle, jasmine, rose, cyclamen; Oakmoss, vetiver, patchouli, musk

Diorella is to Eau Sauvage what Vetiver pour elle is to Guerlain Vetiver. I was surprised by the opening notes, which was so familiar until I realized it smelled just like Eau Sauvage, but not long after figuring that out, Diorella takes a slightly floral & musk direction. The drydown is a very green chypre recalling Profumo, Givenchy III, Heure Exquise, or even Chanel 19. The transformations from opening to close are amazing, fun, and superbly constructed. Diorella is a masterpiece and quite possibly the coolest chypre I've ever experienced. I just wish I knew whether this was vintage or reformulation.

proxy.php

Cool analogy to Vetiver Pour Elle! You like that one more than I do for wearing, at least by me, but I get its fascinating qualities.

<masterpiece and quite possibly the coolest chypre I've ever experienced>

I hate you, C!

Today for me, Givenchy (sp) "Gentlemen." Safe, well-established and liked frag. Seems subtle to me. Givenchy has not been my favorite house. Their scent just do not seem to capture my attention. Still, I would wear this one anyway without a second thought.

Diorella
by Dior

proxy.php

Cool analogy to Vetiver Pour Elle! You like that one more than I do for wearing, at least by me. But I do "get" its fascinating, masterful qualities.

<masterpiece and quite possibly the coolest chypre I've ever experienced>

I hate you, C!

Today for me, Givenchy (sp) "Gentleman." Safe, well-established and liked frag. Seems subtle to me.

Givenchy has not been my favorite house. Their scents just do not seem to capture my attention. Still, I would wear this one anywhere without a second thought.

Last edited:
Miss Dior Esprit de Parfum
by Dior

I'm not entirely sure but I think this was reissued temporarily and now discontinued although readily available on ebay and other sites. And I think what I have is that reissued version because it's in such good shape. Regardless, if you like the leather chypre construction of Miss Dior, you'll find this departs somewhat on the top notes by what I think is a heavy dose of fizzy aldehydes but with a similar drydown of mossy leather notes. I confess I had second thoughts after I applied this stuff this morning but by the afternoon I was liking it very much. After the opening pop settles down, the middle notes give way to a warm floral body-musk scent that eventually gives way to a slightly skanky mossy drydown. This drydown is what Miss Dior is all about! And this is perhaps the cleanest (least damaged) version of Miss Dior I've come across, actually, and I have about every concentration of vintage Miss Dior out there, but that aldehyde opening just doesn't work for me. Still, the drydown is worth every bit of it. I can't help feeling that this is what Mrs. Robinson (Anne Bancroft) wore in The Graduate - the ultimate Cougar!

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom