What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

l'Eau de l'Hermine
by Lostmarc'h

lavender, grapefruit, neroli, bergamot, peony, heliotrope, and white musk

Beautiful. Lavender and neroli (or orange blossom) are probably my two favorite florals. Here they are combined effortlessly along with other notes. Peony? I can't say I'm familiar with the smell. But the rest of this is a slightly sweet, somewhat green, floral with herbal influences all atop a nice, clean white musk. I'm quite fond of this although I'm more likely to urge my wife to wear it. There is an obvious feminine side to it that I think comes from the musk. It's a little too clean for but if this could be roughed up a little I think it would make for a devilishly good masculine or unisex perfume. All in all this is good stuff and my first time trying anything from Lostmarc'h, but it certainly has my attention. I look forward to sampling more from this house in the future.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Today, Vibskove Type B--"strange smoky/ashy - woody fragrance that - in the Bond style - smells like one
foot in designer world and one foot gone wild," to quote a good friend with an excellent nose, because I could not say it better myself. I thought it was an incense frag on first wearing, but it is really not. Not a typical incense, in any event.

Saturday, Etat Libre d'Orange "Antiheros"--Very much a lavender with some subtle wood and other underpinings. Not as sweet as some lavender. No vanilla. Really good. Seems very high quality.

Wow! Channing is still here. I thought he'd fallen into a giant scent chasm...

Good notes. Now I know NOT to waste my money on Vibskove!

Wow! Channing is still here. I thought he'd fallen into a giant scent chasm...

Good notes. Now I know NOT to waste my money on Vibskove!

Did not mean to intentionally stay away, but nice to be missed!

Actually, I probably wore the Vibkove and the Antiheros several times each, but did not post because: 1) I could not remember what I was wearing; 2) even if I sort of could remember I could not remember how to spell the names; or 3) I was not sure what to write about the Vibskove!

No, I do not think you have to spend money on the Vibskove. Props for creativity or for trying to 'em, though.

Did not mean to intentionally stay away, but nice to be missed!

Actually, I probably wore the Vibkove and the Antiheros several times each, but did not post because: 1) I could not remember what I was wearing; 2) even if I sort of could remember I could not remember how to spell the names; or 3) I was not sure what to write about the Vibskove!

No, I do not think you have to spend money on the Vibskove. Props for creativity or for trying to 'em, though.

Wear the Clive Christian C. You'll remember it, because I know you like a rich leather!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom