What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Creed Selection Verte

Starting to run low on suitable decants for the Spring, but unfortunately we're on a spending freeze at my house. Maybe I can just give up eating food for one week to save a little cash for new decants!

Oud Caravan No. 3
yesterday: Oud Caravan No. 2
by Profumo.it
La Via del Profumo

yesterday I was too busy and away from my desk most of the day to report on my experiences with OC#2 but todaly's OC#3 and yesterday were not much different from my experiences with OC#1 on Monday. I'm a little disappointed in all of them and I suspect it's because of my experiences with oud oils and mukhallats from Agar Aura. These are perfumes, much less intense, much less dense, and considerably more fleeting than the oils and mukhallats. Yes, there are oud notes, obviously, and they are much better than any western-style "oud" fragrance I've tried, but the perfume experience doesn't last. It doesn't go away entirely, but the oomph is gone faster than a one-night stand. Notes linger and come and go throughout the day but not consistently.

Unfortunately, I could not remember enough from one day to the next to compare the three version of Oud Caravan so I cannot say much in terms of their differentiation, but I think Friday I'll do a side by side comparison. I'd also like to put these in atomizers and give them good sprays to see if any individual notes come out stronger. I like these - don't get me wrong - but I'm of the opinion now that if I want an oud scent to wear, I'm probably going to stick with oils and mukhallats.

For the time being, though, what I am picking up is a milder version of OC#1 and I don't find it as interesting. In OC#2, I picked up something very pungent that overcame the oud notes and it's perhaps my least favorite (according to the website, it's tuberose). I think OC#1 is so far is my favorite of the three. But what I DO like and is especially more noticeable in OC#1 & OC#3 is that smoky incense note typical of the Profumo.it line. It's not as noticeable in OC#2 and its presence in the other two is actually a bit refreshing for an oud perfume.

proxy.php

Last edited:
DC 1913

I love this stuff. I have a FB and not a decant. But for some reason I don't wear it very often. Need to change that.

Creed Aventus. First time trying it. Very nice and got the VERY infrequent approval from the ladies in my house.

I haven't tried this yet but amazed at the constant refrain of "The Ladies Love It" - may have to break down and try it although it doesn't sound like it's down my alley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom