Status
Not open for further replies.
full

Nobile 1942 Lavanda Nobile​

Last edited by a moderator:
Layali
by Agar Aura

Cambodian & Indian oud, davana, Taif & Indian rose

Another seemlessly constructed mukhallat from Taha where the oud is still central to the presentation and the rose and davana play accentuating supporting roles. The rose notes are more prominent in the opening than they are later but they do not overpower the oud notes, which have a prominent leather and slight petrol notes and a bit of an animalic/barnyard feel in the beginning. Like Khashab I wore yesterday, Taha makes no attempt to cover up any oud characteristics and instead appeals to those notes through the overall design. Being western, however, I would have preferred a little stronger rose notes but find this one extremely enjoyable all the same. Another beautiful day in the South.

proxy.php

Layali
by Agar Aura

Cambodian & Indian oud, davana, Taif & Indian rose

Another seemlessly constructed mukhallat from Taha where the oud is still central to the presentation and the rose and davana play accentuating supporting roles. The rose notes are more prominent in the opening than they are later but they do not overpower the oud notes, which have a prominent leather and slight petrol notes and a bit of an animalic/barnyard feel in the beginning. Like Khashab I wore yesterday, Taha makes no attempt to cover up any oud characteristics and instead appeals to those notes through the overall design. Being western, however, I would have preferred a little stronger rose notes but find this one extremely enjoyable all the same. Another beautiful day in the South.

proxy.php

I love this stuff. To my nose, it dries down to a leathery floral that's every bit as opulent, refined and gentlemanly as Vintage Tabarome, albeit in a totally different way. I have a bottle on order & can't wait for it to arrive!

proxy.php
proxy.php

Main Accords: fresh spicy, woody, earthy, green, citrus

I don't get much citrus with this one except maybe at top. The drydown is pure earth and roots which is really nice, but after about 6 hours it turns powdery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom