What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
???

As I happily spritzed myself with a recently ordered decant marked "Le Labo Bergamote", I was unexpectedly struck with a strong civet note. Then Crayola crayons. Couple hours later it's a muddled mix of strong civet and crayons - definitely not what the doctor ordered today. Last year I tried a small Luckyscent sample of Le Labo Bergamote 22 and loved loved loved it, so I'm a bit annoyed that this isn't it. Guess I'll just have to ride it out.
Sorry to laugh at your misfortune!

Jasmine Sultan
by La Via del Profumo
Profumo.it

Uh oh! This stuff is so strong that the entire office is wondering "what's that smell? do you smell it? it smells odd, like a flower that I wouldn't want to smell..." Crap, but at least I get to leave and go to an all-day meeting in fifteen minutes - or is that a good thing? This is the opposite of yesterday's Jasmine Taj Mahal. Instead of a green, fresh, lush jasmine, this one is pungent and spicy, a touch indolic. Whereas yesterday's smelled green and white, this one smells dark ruby and cobalt. It's the other face of jasmine, the dark side of the queen of the night, and probably a straight-forward unadulterated jasmine attar. And God it smells good!

I've got Jasmin Full which is straight indolic jasmine. Have you tried that for comparison?

In fact, Montale's Jasmin Full it is today.

Last edited:
???

As I happily spritzed myself with a recently ordered decant marked "Le Labo Bergamote", I was unexpectedly struck with a strong civet note. Then Crayola crayons. Couple hours later it's a muddled mix of strong civet and crayons - definitely not what the doctor ordered today. Last year I tried a small Luckyscent sample of Le Labo Bergamote 22 and loved loved loved it, so I'm a bit annoyed that this isn't it. Guess I'll just have to ride it out.

Oud 27, maybe?

Beautiful day on Long Island...definitely was a day to take out the Guerlain Vetiver, vintage stuff I picked up from Mudassir a year ago... I may be trapped in an office all day, but this is what I smell and dream of...

proxy.php

I had to laugh too, eventually :lol1: If this is my biggest "problem" today, then my life must be pretty damn good!

Nope, it's not that one. It's totally unfamiliar to me. Maybe I'll send it back to the vendor for an ID. It's not really that bad on the drydown - just not at all what I wanted on this unseasonably warm and sunny day.

Usually when I get a fragrance that is not what I expected, I have a negative reaction to it. I think it's mostly because I'm all set to enjoy one thing, and anything else is a disappointment. Sometimes when I go back later to the "disappointment", it turns out its something I like.

I've got Jasmin Full which is straight indolic jasmine. Have you tried that for comparison?

In fact, Montale's Jasmin Full it is today.

No, I haven't tried Montale's Jasmine Full ... yet. This one toned down considerably, although it's still very noticeable, but it has a less indolic and a sweeter honeyed-nectar note coming from it, VERY spring-like. I don't care what anyone says, I smelled amazing this morning! and still do

Thanks for the great review, as always, and an amazing picture to match!

Jasmine Sultan
by La Via del Profumo
Profumo.it

Uh oh! This stuff is so strong that the entire office is wondering "what's that smell? do you smell it? it smells odd, like a flower that I wouldn't want to smell..." Crap, but at least I get to leave and go to an all-day meeting in fifteen minutes - or is that a good thing? This is the opposite of yesterday's Jasmine Taj Mahal. Instead of a green, fresh, lush jasmine, this one is pungent and spicy, a touch indolic. Whereas yesterday's smelled green and white, this one smells dark ruby and cobalt. It's the other face of jasmine, the dark side of the queen of the night, and probably a straight-forward unadulterated jasmine attar. And God it smells good!

proxy.php

Usually when I get a fragrance that is not what I expected, I have a negative reaction to it. I think it's mostly because I'm all set to enjoy one thing, and anything else is a disappointment. Sometimes when I go back later to the "disappointment", it turns out its something I like.

My thoughts exactly. I think thats what was behind my initial reaction to BdG. I thought the scent was going to go one direction but it took a hard left turn. I'm planning on going a few days before wearing it again and trying to judge it based on itself. Not some preconceived notion of what I thought it would smell like.

I like this as a lavender scent, but I don't think it will become my favorite lavender scent, especially for the price. It does seem to have a very pleasant hint of spicy woodiness in the blend. Hmmm, I'll have to see how this wears today.

proxy.php
]

How did it end up wearing for you, Randy? I tried this one at Nieman's this past weekend and liked it, but agree it's probably not FBW at that price...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom