What's new

Scent/Fragrance of the Day - 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Maître Parfumeur et Gantier Parfum d'Habit

Going straightforward today: Alt Innsbruck.

I did enjoy the Montale White Aoud, although I don't think I'll replace my sample with a bottle. I do think that those who enjoy incense and white musk scents would like this White Aoud very much, they are just not something I'm drawn to very strongly. I prefer, for example, Montale's Black Aoud. The White Aoud does have the incredible staying power of most Montale scents.

I like this as a lavender scent, but I don't think it will become my favorite lavender scent, especially for the price. It does seem to have a very pleasant hint of spicy woodiness in the blend. Hmmm, I'll have to see how this wears today.

proxy.php
]

Creed Baie de Genievre

I was generously PIF'd this by a member and I've very torn on how I feel. It is a great scent but not what I was looking for in a juniper (especially one where juniper berry is the name). I get mostly bergamot and enough that, to my nose, it smells like a refined ToBS Mr Taylors. While I enjoy the scent, I was hoping for more of the bright and crisp juniper/gin scent that I've come to love in juniper sling.

I guess the next step will be to apply them to each wrist and compare side by side.

I did the same side-by-side comparison a few weeks ago, Brad, so I'll be anxious to see your thoughts. :thumbup1:

Jasmine Sultan
by La Via del Profumo
Profumo.it

Uh oh! This stuff is so strong that the entire office is wondering "what's that smell? do you smell it? it smells odd, like a flower that I wouldn't want to smell..." Crap, but at least I get to leave and go to an all-day meeting in fifteen minutes - or is that a good thing? This is the opposite of yesterday's Jasmine Taj Mahal. Instead of a green, fresh, lush jasmine, this one is pungent and spicy, a touch indolic. Whereas yesterday's smelled green and white, this one smells dark ruby and cobalt. It's the other face of jasmine, the dark side of the queen of the night, and probably a straight-forward unadulterated jasmine attar. And God it smells good!

proxy.php

Last edited:
???

As I happily spritzed myself with a recently ordered decant marked "Le Labo Bergamote", I was unexpectedly struck with a strong civet note. Then Crayola crayons. Couple hours later it's a muddled mix of strong civet and crayons - definitely not what the doctor ordered today. Last year I tried a small Luckyscent sample of Le Labo Bergamote 22 and loved loved loved it, so I'm a bit annoyed that this isn't it. Guess I'll just have to ride it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom